Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been reading a lot on the forum and I either don't have or can't find the pull start on my quad. Its a 1997 sportsman 500 4x4. Did they all come stock with them or an option? Also are they expensive to add-on?

And if it is stock why would someone do away with it?
Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Should be on the right side. I'm pretty sure it should have one. Maybe the rope broke?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Below the 4...in the middle of the opening between the footboard and the side plastic. See the T shaped pull handle?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey man! Thanks for the info, it somehow was stuck underneath the plastics on that side, I got it out. Do you guys usually put it behind the plastic or leave it out? Previous owner didn't think it had one he didn't know too much about it in general. Well thanks again.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The base of the handle needs to be seated firmly around and against the housing where the rope exits. If you look at it, you can see that it should fit over it to help seal it up.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
what do you mean it was tuck under the plastics....if it was not on the little guide on the cover you may have water in there...there is a drain on the bottom..open it to make sure there is no water .....did you try it..does it recoil all the way back and sit secure on the guide....make sure you seat it on...prevents water from getting in there....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, no water, started first pull. Im not quite sure why it seats the way it does. You almost have to take the plastic off to get it to seal right. Ill keep it sealed tho

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Can you post up a pic for us to see? Mine is pretty easy to get to and the plastic isn't in the way at all. Our plastic should be a close match.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
mine is right in the open Like Clinebo's..we have twins....you should be able to see it ....take a pic please curious....

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I'm wondering if the handle is the wrong one. Maybe the original broke and got replaced with one that is different and doesn't fit like it should? I'm curious too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts