Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks like fun better then being here in MN it was -10 for our high yesterday but should get out of the negatives today.

·
Super Moderator
7,054 Posts
That looks pretty inviting right about now. You should enjoy being in one of the few areas without snow.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Very nice! : )

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks pretty inviting right about now. You should enjoy being in one of the few areas without snow.
For the most part winter is the best time for riding out here. We had a couple of your fellow Coloradans (?) down for a visit and treated them to a little clear sky riding. Had to break out the Honda and the Kawasaki to accommodate all four of us. It was actually warm enough to peel down to a tee shirt while stopped.
One of these pics is from their general area which should be easy for most to pic out. The others are of course from here.
ps I tend to take a lot of pictures. It's a disease.

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wow im 25 F it would sure feel good to go riding right now in warm temp.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Wow im 25 F it would sure feel good to go riding right now in warm temp.
Have a ride planned for Friday across "the river" in Nevada. Temps should be in the 50 60 or 70 range.....haven't checked yet but that would be my guess at any rate rarely gets below freezing in that area so even at a dry 32 F or so it would still be good.

Checked, calling for high of 64 F

·
Registered
205 Posts
GTO- Im tired of riding the Vegas area. How about planning on a trip around may? Ill be back in town by then, right now balls deep in snow in Wisconsin and sub zero temps. Would be nice to see new area of the SW.

·
Registered
22 Posts
-41 degrees with the windchill yesterday. Major highways are closed, most all businesses and all schools are closed. Went riding yesterday for about two hours, my polaris 700 twin functioned flawlessly through the cold, over ice and in the frozen water where I broke through thin ice. The machine never hesitated and it seemed to love the frigid temperatures.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GTO- Im tired of riding the Vegas area. How about planning on a trip around may? Ill be back in town by then, right now balls deep in snow in Wisconsin and sub zero temps. Would be nice to see new area of the SW.
Probably squeeze in a few rides in May

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still no snow, looked in Searchlight Nevada, Polaris Road in Golden Shores Arizona and then hit up the indigenous 4 wheel drive club in my backyard and they haven't seen any yet either. Be needing at least some rain soon.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts