Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 700 sportsman go down lost compression a few months back.. I purchased a 800 sportsman motor, harness and ecm to do a 800 conversion.. Installed new harness ecm and engine. Good compression etc but no spark from coil and no fuel pump coming on.. No trouble codes so i took to local polaris dealer and had them do a reflash and check codes as well still no start no codes.. Seems as if not getting 12v to fuel pump or coil. All fuses are good relay cycles fine etc.. Any ideas guys im about out of options here nobody seems to want to mess with it around here so im left to the forums..

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sounds like you need a 800 wiring diagram. Could be something easy as the kill switch hooked up wrong

12 850EPS

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive looked over wiring best i could my first thought was the ground locations moved around. Would have been alot simpler if i had removed and replaced right away but it got pulled apart months ago and seems ive forgot what was where specifically I guess

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we got it figured out ended up being the fuel pump plug and cdi 3 pin plug got hooked up backwards.. Idk why in the hell polaris would allow these to be the same only way to tell is wire color usually connectors shouldn't match in more than 1 location or the wire lengths too that location should be different so it wont be connected wrong..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts