Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured the eps models would be more suceptablw to front end problems due to the ps not allowing any movement. My mistake. Mine has a bit of play, you can here it when you move the handle bars back an forth. Bit of clunk sound.
Only noticeable when not moving not running.
wifes 400ho is tight and quiet. But also has never been ridden hard like mine.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Get the front up on a stand and have the wife move the bars as you watch all components...you will find the loose component. If you dont see it, try holding a tire to offer some resistance... You will find it!

It should be just as tight as the 400!!

Good luck.

CW

·
Registered
71 Posts
Old thread, but anyone else experience this?

I have the same issue. Seems like the same problem the people with EPS experience.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
No play in mine, but its making a really bad groaning sound when i turn side to side. Like a loose, or greaseless bushing.

I think it's in the tree.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just pulled my atv apart to find out that on the non-eps sportsman's have a one piece shaft going straight down into the lower post connector.

Yet my bars still have play in them up and down. This sucks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hey x93, look at the bushing for the upper steering stem mount. When my rubber bushing went bad it started to speak and moan, i was able to WD-40 it for a little while to get it to stop but eventually I just replaced the bushing. I think it is part number 12 on the parts diagram, actually two bushings as halves.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I'll check it out!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey x93, look at the bushing for the upper steering stem mount. When my rubber bushing went bad it started to speak and moan, i was able to WD-40 it for a little while to get it to stop but eventually I just replaced the bushing. I think it is part number 12 on the parts diagram, actually two bushings as halves.
mine doesn't make noise, but there sure is some play in that bushing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts