Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted not to long ago and thought I had figured everything out. But, here I am again. ATV won't start!

I had the carb rebuilt a few weeks ago and the guy who did it said the battery had to be replaced as it is not the right size. It ran well for a week and then stopped working. Turns out he did not prep the battery correctly. So he replaced it and we've been riding it for about a week or two now. No issues starting, no stalling, and the battery starts it right up.

Today, my son was riding it for about 30 minutes and it stalled twice during the ride. Not while idling. He was slowing down or turning. After the second stall it would not start back up. It tried, but couldn't get over 400-500 rpm. I engaged the throttle and it started only to die within 10 second. Then nothing would work.

It still tries to start. Battery is trying to turn the engine over. Gets to 400-500 rpm. But it will not turn over.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong. I tightened the throttle on the handlebars. My mechanic did as well before I brought it home last time.

I am regretting buying this Polaris! My Suzuki Eiger is great, knock on wood. It also 3 years older! Go figure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2010 Polaris Sportsman 500ho.

I've brought it to two different places that specialize in fixing ATVs. Spent hundreds to just get it so it runs consistently. It always works for a week or two then back to the issues.

The stalling issue was better after having the carb rebuilt, so this was a bit of a surprise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts