Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone addressed the issue of putting on bigger than stock tires ie. thier rubbing?(Fishy!!)

If there is a fix let me know please........................I'm looking at a 850 x2 but hate the tires!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HELLO!!!! Is there any slightly offset wheels out there that will help? I know about the "hammer and cut" method but I would prefer not to do this to a new 10 grand plus machine!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Has anyone addressed the issue of putting on bigger than stock tires ie. thier rubbing?(Fishy!!)

If there is a fix let me know please........................I'm looking at a 850 x2 but hate the tires!!
I just ordered Pitbull Rockers, 25.5x8 and 25.5x10x14's for my 2011 850 touring. They should be almost indentical to stock tires in size, but have an awesome tread to move it thru most everything you encounter. There should not be a rubbing issue because of their width. They have great reviews and they're the only tires I could find with the stock width. I'm not into mudding so clearance is not an issue with me. Rockers to me sound like the ideal all around trail tire. Unless u put a lift on you bike ur rather limited in tire selection because of the passenger foot rest. I'm guessing the X2 has the same footrest as the touring.

·
Registered
508 Posts
My tires came in on 8-12-11. They look, and I do mean, look totally awesome! It's hard to imagine anything stopping them. I'm going to try to get them on the bike tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have an 07 x2 and i put an interco (super swamper for the truck guys) radial reptile on mine. They ride great and smooth, and have yet to be stopped in them from some deep mud and snow to some good trails in tennessee with lots of tough uphill climb covered in big rocks and tree roots.. my x2 just walked right up everything including driving around the three brute force FI 700 that were flipped and rolled back down.. i also went with a taller tire from the 25 inchers to the 26 inchers and jsut love them..will get pics with tires on later here is a link to interco, also check out that mamba wow

http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=49&g=3

·
Registered
385 Posts
I switched to the 25.5" Rockers but haven't had a chance to ride it yet with the recent move and work schedule.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I switched to the 25.5" Rockers but haven't had a chance to ride it yet with the recent move and work schedule.
I mounted my new 25.5 Rockers Saturday and took it out riding Sunday. No rubbing issues so far. I really like them. All I can say is "WOW!!!".

·
Supporting Vendor
1,090 Posts
There is no doubt the PitBull tires are very aggressive. I have tested them in the rocky deserts of Arizona and found them to be an excellent tire. The 8 ply rated construction is very tough and the radial makes them smooth.

Here is a link to them.

Pit Bull tires for car & light truck

·
Registered
307 Posts
Which Pit Bulls do you recommend for the Arizona Desert type trails? Growler or Rocker?

·
Registered
508 Posts
twotxns: If you go with the 25.5 to avoid the rubbing issue, the growler is only a 6 ply. The 25.5 Rocker is 8 ply which makes it more puncture proof. They both weigh almost exactly the same. The Rocker front is 25.4 and rear 30.4lbs. The Growler front is 24.1 and the rear is 30.6lbs. The Growler is more of a mud tire, but still a good all around tire. I put Rockers on my touring and I think they're super. P.S. they look totally awesome!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Good to know, thank you.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,090 Posts
We are in Phoenix AZ and ride the deserts as often as possible. I would recommend the Pitbull Rockers. They will give you unbelievable traction. The riders behind you may not like you as much though.

The 8 ply radial construction also holds up extremely in our harsh deserts. They will also improve your ride.

Give us a call at 1-888-459-4080. The first available agent will be happy to assist you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts