Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everybody. I just picked up a '12 Sportsman 500. Its my first utility but not my first 4wheeler. I also have a Raptor 700. So far i'm really happy with this thing. Already got the throttle thing fixed so it won't die every time I let off the throttle. Gonna take it out and hit some trails tomorrow on it and see how it handles.

·
Registered
862 Posts
i think you will be happy with how they handle, for trails you cant really beat them. you wont be nearly as sore or tired as the raptor would make you. might be a bit disapointed with the acceleration but its not meant to be a rocket, but you have the raptor for that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah there is a huge difference in acceleration for sure but the sportsman wasn't made for that lol. Gonna take a bit to get used to how big it is compared to the raptor though.

·
Registered
862 Posts
the two things that where hard for me to get used to was the huge turning radius and the poor brake performace. size want too bad because of how flat the front and back is its easy to judge where you are. i was amazed how smooth it was going across a farm field compaired to a sport quad, not much kick back in the steering and it soaked up a lot of bumps.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody! Already flipped it over on myself on a hill climb. The quad didn't get hurt at all but my foot sure did. Gonna try to ride some more tomorrow since I have the day off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts