Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of going to this area this summer and want to know if they would have any trail systems by g enough for a week? Don't really care for mud all that much like wooded trails with hills and creek or river crossings. Would like to be able to ride to trails from motel. Thanks for any advice pics or videos !!!!!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really like wv riding but don't like the 18 hr drive. Looking for some similar riding areas a little closer to me.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Northern WI And the U.P. of MI have thousands of miles or trails. Plenty to keep you busy.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Just looked at your profile.... if your coming up from IA
Google Iron River WI ATV trails

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OK thanks. Are the trails there like black river falls? I didn't care for black river falls riding.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
OK thanks. Are the trails there like black river falls? I didn't care for black river falls riding.
Why is that? Was thinking of checking BRF possibly this summer. Fill me in if you wouldn't mind.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brf trails were wide and flat reminded me of riding a sand covered road. If you want fast riding and put on a lot of miles they would be great. I like trails that are more technical hills,woods,creek crossings ect.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Ah, ok. I do too but I was curious since I've yet to go there. Thanks I appreciate the info.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Northern wi has a wide range of trails from pure sand to strickly gravel grades and center of northern wi has red clay fun to ride hell to clean. Up Mi has a single rider law but has amazing trails with mostly woods type riding

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
All the trails I have ridden in WI were like dirt roads. Go to MN up on the north shore. Rocky, hills. We don't really groom ATV trails in MN

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there enough riding there for a week?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Yes and no. The main problem in MN is the trail systems are poorly connected. While it is getting better to get the good riding you have to trailer to trailheads. Some areas are connected but its a lot of railbed riding in between. Look here

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/index.html

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
PM me if ya have questions on specific trails and I will help you as much as I can

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK thanks ! I have been to hill city and rode some of the trails around there and the soo line that connected them. I have also been to Ackley I think it was called. By leech lake.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Akeley...yeah. that's nice. There are some good trails at Spider Lake too, which is not far from there. Soo line is lame IMO. Let me know when your coming up. Maybe meet up with you and do some riding.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am trying to put a trip together some time in June. To go to northern Wisconsin or any were north with some good trails. I would like to go for 3 days and never trailer it. I hope to have my enclosed trailer by then.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anybody have any good info on ATV trails at porcupine Mountain in Michigan its by the Wisconsin Michigan border

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a friend that Has a snowmobile buddy that lives on lake gogebic. I will see what he has to say about atv trails up their . They are going up their next week. Lee

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dead Horse Run trail in sawyer county WI is fun with challenging trails, lots of wooded trails meany miles of trails that are connected together so you dont need to trailer quad around

1 - 20 of 30 Posts