Polaris ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2008 Polaris sportsman 800 touring
93 Posts
For one, I would start by replacing those wires and the battery cables, corroded and rusted that bad they need to be replaced not just cut and a new end put on. Clean up the battery posts scrape till shiny. My guess is a main fuse is blown. Not sure where to look for it.

· Premium Member
2008 Polaris sportsman 800 touring
93 Posts
Good afternoon. Hopefully, someone can shed some light on this issue. When I turn the ignition to ON nothing powers up. The battery is fine. If I turn my low beam lights on they will come on but if I switch to high beam, the low beam goes off but the high beam does not come on. The 12" bar light that was wired (prior to me purchasing the quad) always came on when I turned on the ignition with the light switch in the OFF position. Now, the light bar will not come on with the ignition ON and light switch in the OFF position. The fuel pump does not even go through it's 1-2 second cycle. This is puzzling because I rode it for a few minutes yesterday evening with no issue. I have a new spare ignition switch and swapped them out and still nothing. I took a picture of the red wire coming from the solenoid and the end that connects to the battery looks worn out. See picture. Could a fuse be causing the issue? I checked both 20A fuses and they are good. The other red wire connected to the battery goes to the winch and it is not working now with the ignition ON, one of the small wires goes to the grip warmer (they are working, and the other is a pigtail to my trickle charger. View attachment 175438
Is that positive wire touching the frame??? The red wires I would most definitely change

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.