Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had any issues with there scramblers not starting up? remember last winter few guys on here including my self had issues in the cold weather.

Rode for a few hours here yesterday in the snow. left the wheeler in the back of the truck over night. Its like 10 degrees out right now and it fired right up.

Hoping not to have to deal with this again this winter.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Has any one had any issues with there scramblers not starting up? remember last winter few guys on here including my self had issues in the cold weather.

Rode for a few hours here yesterday in the snow. left the wheeler in the back of the truck over night. Its like 10 degrees out right now and it fired right up.

Hoping not to have to deal with this again this winter.
Not yet!

Great, something else to look forward too with these high quality machines :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Swamp, my first winter with the 850 here in Vermont. Hoping it works out well. Maybe water in connections that freeze?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think some one here was saying moisture gets inside the starter and freezes up.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much snow you guys get up in that part of the state? about 6-8 here

·
Registered
65 Posts
my brother has the 2009 850 Sportsman Browning Edition, and I have the 2013 850 Scrambler. This deer season we both had issues of not starting. We both had our machines at the dealer getting worked on for various reasons. We bring the machines back and get them in the woods. Opening morning the temperature dropped, and both of our machines wouldn't start! My Dad's 2005 Sportsman 6X6 and my Uncle's 850 Sportsman Limited both started though. After pouring hot water from the stove on to the battery and on the starter they both started........ Next morning same issue, poured hot water on them again. So we came to the conclusion the dealer used a power washer and blasted them clean and water got into the starter and would freeze over the colder overnight temps.......... We ran them for a couple of longer rides and they stopped freezing up........

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well, I started mine the other night at -9 after leaving it outside.

We got about 10 inches but it melted down a bit today... Wondering what this weekend brings

1 - 7 of 7 Posts