Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the guy's with O.C.D or like to keep their quads clean, I will share photos of what I did with my muffler. I have a 2014 sportsman xp 850 EPS, when I was looking at photos before I bought mine, I noticed a lot of mufflers were rusted. I knew this would not settle well with me, so I sent my muffler to Jet Hot High Performance Coatings and had it coated with a high temp coating. The coating is rust, and corrosion resistant, I had my headers coated by this company 15 year ago, and they still look the same. They have 40 colors to choose from, I choose Titanium to come close to the magnetic metallic color of my quad.

20140227_105620[1].jpg

20140227_105633[1].jpg

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looks great. How much did it cost??

·
Registered
434 Posts
That does look nice and I'm somewhat OCD too, but not for $135. Ouch!

By the way, you have a rock stuck in your tire tread. I'm dying to pop it out of there. Would you please? Lol

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
That does look nice and I'm somewhat OCD too, but not for $135. Ouch!

By the way, you have a rock stuck in your tire tread. I'm dying to pop it out of there. Would you please? Lol
Haha.... spoken by a true OCD individual!

But I'd have to agree, absolutely love the way it looks!! But a $12-15 can of high temp silver or black paint would work for me.... $135 is a bit costly for no read adder.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Looks great! I have been going to have that done to mine when I get the time. For now I just use a can of high temp paint and touch it up now and again.

·
Registered
123 Posts
For the guy's with O.C.D or like to keep their quads clean, I will share photos of what I did with my muffler. I have a 2014 sportsman xp 850 EPS, when I was looking at photos before I bought mine, I noticed a lot of mufflers were rusted. I knew this would not settle well with me, so I sent my muffler to Jet Hot High Performance Coatings and had it coated with a high temp coating. The coating is rust, and corrosion resistant, I had my headers coated by this company 15 year ago, and they still look the same. They have 40 colors to choose from, I choose Titanium to come close to the magnetic metallic color of my quad.

View attachment 16506

View attachment 16507

Im not that meticulous with mine, but will have to say that looks awesome.

Too bad for the price of the machine, it should already been taken care of by Polaris.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Here's what i used

VHT - perhaps not as long lasting, just depends on how well the surfaces are prepped. I too an a little ocd but prices play a factor eventually...

check out their site, lots of high temp colors and prep products for the DIYr...

VHT FlameProof? Coating

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looks good, but $135 is high for that...I'm not saying they charge to much. It's just more than I would spend on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts