Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. On my 2009 Polaris Sportsman 400 HO, I've experienced loud popping noises, but only when I drive in the snow. Where I live, the snow is around a foot and a half, which i would'nt imagine being much to drive through... I begin my drive, and all is well for about 10 minutes, then randomly, loud pops begin cracking from it and the speedo screen begins flickering on and off, and at one point the quad stops all together.

Upon further inspection, the sound is gone, but it seems as if theres a new noise, which happens not too often. From what I can see inside, there doesn't look to be anything wrong, nor leaks or such.

I'm thinking it may have simply backfired, but I'd like to see if this has ever happened to anyone else. Any help would be appreciated! :elefant:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hmmm, when the engine begins to act up and you say the speedo flickers, sounds electrical. Possibly a loose ground? I would go around the quad and check/clean your ground connections and make sure all other connections are corrosion free. It's a start

·
Registered
434 Posts
also check your plugs at kill switch (either plug haveing a dirty/loose connection could do this) as will as ign switch and main fuse. i had to add bare copper wire around each fuse terminal to tighten it up when i had this issue

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you are pushing through a foot of snow, you are likely to get overheating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts