Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an odd, but hopefully easy to answer question.

I'm trying to find out the number of splines and the diameter of the u-joint for the front axles of a Polaris Xplorer.

I'm building a buggy, and I'm hoping these axles will work.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
8,487 Posts
Font Line Window Pattern Automotive exterior
to the forum
Ball Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Font Gas

Your question has now been logged into the queue and the next available forum member will answer you shortly. You will be given more advice than you could hope for.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have an odd, but hopefully easy to answer question.

I'm trying to find out the number of splines and the diameter of the u-joint for the front axles of a Polaris Xplorer.

I'm building a buggy, and I'm hoping these axles will work.
What's "a buggy"? Dune buggy?

·
Premium Member
8,487 Posts
I'm wondering if it will be a 2 up?

Reactions: 2 XP 1000's

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm wondering if it will be a 2 up?
2 up?

It's a 200cc liquid cooled Chinese quad engine. I'm building a custom single seat frame with fully independent front and rear suspension. 19" front tires and 26" in the rear. I'm retaining the stock 15t front sprocket and upgrading to a 60t on the axle to maintain the stock gear ratio after increasing the tire size.

My idea is to have a machinist modify the original quad axle to accept the Polaris Xplorer front axles to make my live independent rear suspension axle. Hence why I need to know the number of splines and the diameter on the Polaris axles.

·
Premium Member
8,487 Posts
Just remember to post some pictures, it's in the form rules!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pardon the mess. Just finished one project right as the new parts were coming in.

The purple kart is my 6yo daughter's. It's about to have surgery to make it a live axle, add better roll over protection, and give it reverse.

The minibike is a DB30 that I'm giving an overhaul. New paint, tires, hydraulic brake upgrade, and a 6hp B&S with the governor deleted.

The red frame against the wall was intended for the full suspension kart. I have most of the parts, but I still need the rear axle. Which is what brought me to you guys.

My idea is to alter the splined Chinese quad axle so i can attach 90's era Polaris Xplorer front axles to it. That's why I was asking how many splines the u-joint has, and what the diameter is.

TYIA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts