Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my grips to odi grips. I looked at the bars on my 2008 500 touring and noticed the ends of the bars are or appear to be flared. Has anyone had an issue with this or running the odi's on a similar model?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The 120mm 7/8" bar grips fit my '12 very well.
How bad are they flared out? Is it a 2-3mm bead of paint or is the metal flared out?

From orbit via Android.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Just ordered a set of 120's last night. Anxious I get them. I have yet to feel/see them in person.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I had the ODI Rogues on my old predator and loved them, I messed up and ordered the 130mm so they didnt quite fit. Called ODI and they sent me a set of the 120mm rogue grips (no clamps) for free. Cant beat a company that does things like that for its customers.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I ordered off of ebay. Couldnt get myself to pay the $15 shipping on something that only cost $30 on the ODI website.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
In my opinion they are the only way to go. i run them on my scrambler, and my DH mountain bike.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I ordered off of ebay. Couldnt get myself to pay the $15 shipping on something that only cost $30 on the ODI website.
That's where I got mine also, when I called they didn't even ask where I bought them at.

·
Registered
815 Posts
That's where I got mine also, when I called they didn't even ask where I bought them at.
Good deal. Sounds like a good company to work with.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
So if I want to maximize the cushion effect

of my grips, do you guys suggest the ODI Cush version or is there something even better out there? Gloves?

·
Premium Member
12,408 Posts
I had the ruffian 120mm and they wore fast. now I have the rogue's in 130mm.

very pleased with them. 400 miles on them no real ware. reduced hand fatigue because of the cushion and grip. the grips hold up well when conditions get slick ie mud snow rain.

·
Registered
815 Posts
i'm so anxious to get these!

·
Premium Member
12,408 Posts
I am looking to upgrade my grips to odi grips. I looked at the bars on my 2008 500 touring and noticed the ends of the bars are or appear to be flared. Has anyone had an issue with this or running the odi's on a similar model?
its the paint. and its only on one side. the side with the paint build up is the side that hangs down during painting and drying.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks BP405. I'm really interesting in reducing the shocks from riding tough terrain to my wrists. I've injured the left one way in the past and it tends to re-injure easy. OK for anyone, just to be sure, for a sportsman 500, should I get 120 or 130mm grips? What is the standard handlbar width, 3/4"? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Thanks BP405. I'm really interesting in reducing the shocks from riding tough terrain to my wrists. I've injured the left one way in the past and it tends to re-injure easy. OK for anyone, just to be sure, for a sportsman 500, should I get 120 or 130mm grips? What is the standard handlbar width, 3/4"? thanks in advance.
120mm long 7/8" dia bar (ATV).
I had to move my master cylinder a very small distance toward the pod. YMMV.:D

From orbit via Android.

·
Premium Member
12,408 Posts
the first set of odi's I bought were the ruffin 120mm they were narrow and wore out in like 200 miles, bald. then I bought the rogues in 130mm and they are the sh!t. 10mm is like 3/8" so they will def fit u just might have to move some components in a little, which is no big deal.

·
Premium Member
12,408 Posts
The lock ons won't. A buddy of mine bought the slip on rogues and made them work with a set of heated grips that had worn out. I see if I can dig up the thread.

Reactions: SlowRoller

·
Premium Member
12,408 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts