Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a OEM bumper from craigslist (temporary until I can save up for a viking) and went for the install. Everything was going smooth until it was time to put the front rack/lid back on. No matter how I position the OEM brackets, I run into a problem. If I slide it all the way back, the lid closes all the way. When I slide it forward, the lid opens all the way but the lid doesn't close. Anyone run into this. I tried adjusting it a bunch of different ways and I run into the one issue or the other. The bumper is part 2878669 and I have a 2013 800.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have a spacer bracket that brings out the bumper. Thinking he didnt give it to u.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the parts are there per the instructions. It seems like the two raised areas on the lid are hitting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I think I fixed it. They include a new hinge for the front rack which I put on per the intructions. I put the old (factory) hinge on and it works fine.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Awesome.

·
Registered
505 Posts
What hinge is that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the one that the instructions said to put on.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Right on!! Happy it works now!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
OK, I think I fixed it. They include a new hinge for the front rack which I put on per the intructions. I put the old (factory) hinge on and it works fine.
When I mounted the bumper on my 13 500 I tried to use that hinge that came with the bumper and I also had to go back to the original hinge, so I guess that's the way it has to be...lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I mounted the bumper on my 13 500 I tried to use that hinge that came with the bumper and I also had to go back to the original hinge, so I guess that's the way it has to be...lol
I love those good up to date Polaris instructions. :ponder:

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I love those good up to date Polaris instructions. :ponder:
Aint that the truth, and that quality Chinese construction

1 - 11 of 11 Posts