Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
As I pointed out before WIX was, and may still be, the stock oil filter manufacturer for Polaris. Why pay Polaris for the pretty custom printing when you can go to the local auto parts store and get exactly the same filter?

VOA = Virgin Oil Analysis

VOA on Polaris PS-4 0W50 Polaris PS-4 | Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO | Bob Is The Oil Guy

VOA on Shell Rotella T6 0W40 Shell Rotella T6 5w40 VOA | Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO | Bob Is The Oil Guy

VOA on Mobil 1 0W50 Mobile 1 5W50 VOA | Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO | Bob Is The Oil Guy

VOA on Schaeffer's S9000 5W40 http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=349800

IMHO Schaeffer's S9000 5W40 is some of the best stuff out there. Since it meets VW 505.01 and beats the old Castrol TXT zinc levels I've started running it in my Jetta PD TDI. Maybe I'll get my poorly designed camshaft exhaust lobes past 100,000 miles.:motz:

Shell Rotella T6 0W40 or Mobil 1 0W50 Synthetics are easily much better oils than the Polaris PS-4 branded oil and you can't beat the price and availability.

Using better engine oil should prolong the life of the internals but it will have no bearing on whether it makes it past warranty... If you have an early catastrophic engine failure it'll be from something other than the oil.

The dealer will not be running a used oil analysis to tell whether you used their overpriced engine oil. It's a guaranteed looser, for them, under Magnussen Moss.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'd rather run Rotella T-6, that's what I run in my street bike. I'm not taking any chances on a warranty denial over oil. Wish someone in the know (dealer,factory rep) would chime in.

Only thing my dealer told me is keep my receipts and log the miles and hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 22 of 22 Posts