Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure that this question has been asked a hundred times but after searching tons of threads I'm more confused now than ever... I have a 2013 Sportsman 500HO that I want to put some wheels on. I'm not looking to go big or anything, I want to keep same size tires as factory. I can't find what the factory wheel offset is. I'm looking at the ITP SS212 & it's a 4+3, what will this do??? Also what is the bolt patern? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok to my best calculations I came up with 5+2 offset on front & 6+3 on rear with bolt spacing of 4/156. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
4-3 is what people commonly go to in after market 12 inch rims. What this did on mine, is put a little bit of the wheel outside the wheel well...which means I get a lot more mud on me when I ride.

I do not know what the stock wheels are, but you should be able to measure them.

Sean

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm sure that this question has been asked a hundred times but after searching tons of threads I'm more confused now than ever... I have a 2013 Sportsman 500HO that I want to put some wheels on. I'm not looking to go big or anything, I want to keep same size tires as factory. I can't find what the factory wheel offset is. I'm looking at the ITP SS212 & it's a 4+3, what will this do??? Also what is the bolt patern? Thanks in advance...
4+3 is what I replaced my stockers with on my '09 800. It did make it a little wider but I also went with bigger tires so I needed a little clearance from the shocks.

I believe the stock rims were 5+2 but I'm not 100% sure. I believe the bolt pattern is 4/156...different than most makes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys, so a 4+3 is a 7" wide wheel, my stock rears are 9" wide. How well did a 10" wide tire mount on a 7" wide wheel? Will I need any spacers at all?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Not sure what you are asking. There is no problem putting 10 inch tires on a 7 inch rim. It is what I have on the rear.

Spacers...you talking about with the 4+3 rims? I have 9 inch tires on the front with no spacers. The rear should not be a problem. Different brands of tires are different widths, with the same listed size. I don't think 10s would fit in the front of my quad with 4+3s on it.

With stock rims, I don't think anything wider than 8s will fit on the front without spacers.

Sean

·
Registered
729 Posts
Crb500ho are you sure that rear rim is 9" ?
I believe the rears are 12x8 and the fronts are 12x6, if you look closely on the rim it is stamped on them.
You will not need any spacers with the 12x7,156/4+3 rims with the stock size tires 25x8x12 and 25x10x12. The tires will sit out about a inch further than they normally do. As you can see below in my signature this is exactly what I did with mine. I think you will really like the ss212's , nice rim. You will use the 12x7 156/4+3 on the front and the rears.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I know this is an older thread but I to have a bunch of questions, seems like the only offset ITP offers in a 12" rim is 4+3 and from what I am reading this will put the tires about an inch outside the fenders causing the rider to get wet/muddy. Has anyone tried keeping the stock rims and just putting bigger/better tires on?

·
Registered
128 Posts
From what I have gathered from reading on here if you put any wider of a tire on the front with stock rims they will hit the tie rod unless you flip the tie rod end.

·
Premium Member
11,394 Posts
I know this is an older thread but I to have a bunch of questions, seems like the only offset ITP offers in a 12" rim is 4+3 and from what I am reading this will put the tires about an inch outside the fenders causing the rider to get wet/muddy. Has anyone tried keeping the stock rims and just putting bigger/better tires on?
What bike?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sorry it's a 2013 Sportsman 500 HO.

·
Premium Member
11,394 Posts
Sorry it's a 2013 Sportsman 500 HO.
No worries I just didn't want to make any assumptions. So most aftermarket rims are a 4+3 offset. Now most 26" and up aftermarket tires are 9" wide for the front. Some 9" wide tires will work on stock rims with no modifications. But if they don't clear on ur stock rims u can either flip.the tie rod ends or get 1/4" spacers. The bolt pattern is 4-156.

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Any chance my 13 500 ho has this anti kickback steering?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts