Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my WHEELS (not tires) on my 2017 Polaris Sportsman Xp1000 Highlifter Edition. This is not a RZR. This is an ATV. I have the OEM wheels and I'm wanting too replace with the Sedona Rukus wheels but I'm not sure what off-set I should get. I'm not sure what the factory offset is nor can I find bolt pattern if that makes a difference. Thanks for any and all help. I wouldnt mind if it opened up the stance a little(2 inches at best)

Attachments

·
8,893 Posts
It appears you're looking at them on the Dennis Kirk website. The DK website has a selection box to plug in you machine and then it tells you the offset and all the wheels they sell that will fit your machine. DK has about the most comprehensive wheel fitment site I've ever seen! I don't know what more info you could want??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes,that's correct. What the description doesn't say is which offset I need. It shows 3 different offsets offered on that type of wheel. How do I determine the right one??

·
8,893 Posts
Yes,that's correct. What the description doesn't say is which offset I need. It shows 3 different offsets offered on that type of wheel. How do I determine the right one??
Well, there is no aftermarket wheels with the exact offset of OEM wheels. The closest to OEM would be 6+1
5+2 would make your footprint approximately 2" wider overall with the factory tires... more with larger aftermarket tires.
4+3 will make it approximately 4" wider with the OEM tires.
These measurements are approximate since the OEM wheel offset is actually metric and comes to something like 5 3/4+1 1/4 approx.
I think all Polaris wheels except some older machine's rear wheels and some of the sport quads have 4/156 bolt patterns. The website tells you that when you plug your machine in
IIRC the RZR has larger diameter studs too.
I'm sure DK has a "Help" section that will answer any other questions you may have concerning fitment of the wheels they sell.
Those are good looking wheels but they all look the same covered in mud lol. :) .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, there is no aftermarket wheels with the exact offset of OEM wheels. The closest to OEM would be 6+1
5+2 would make your footprint approximately 2" wider overall with the factory tires... more with larger aftermarket tires.
4+3 will make it approximately 4" wider with the OEM tires.
These measurements are approximate since the OEM wheel offset is actually metric and comes to something like 5 3/4+1 1/4 approx.
I think all Polaris wheels except some older machine's rear wheels and some of the sport quads have 4/156 bolt patterns. The website tells you that when you plug your machine in
IIRC the RZR has larger diameter studs too.
I'm sure DK has a "Help" section that will answer any other questions you may have concerning fitment of the wheels they sell.
Those are good looking wheels but they all look the same covered in mud lol. :) .
Yes Sir. I do appreciate you taking the time to discuss it with me. I'm staying with the tires it came with. I usually have the wife with me anytime I ride. Not use to the 1000 HL and I'm coming off a 2013 800 sportsman. This is a different beast. I like the sound of a wider footprint. More stability. Will it wear or hurt anything if I do that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The offset on those specific rims based on the mfg# are 6+1. I believe the offset on your stock Polaris aluminum rims is roughly 6+1 (as polman said it’s metric so not exactly the same) you shouldn’t notice much of a difference with these rims. Bolt pattern is 4/156.

If you want to be sure, pull off a tire and measure from the mounting face to the back of the rim. That will give you your first number (rear offset, should be around 6”). Subtract that from 7 since you have 7” wide rims and that gives you your offset to the front of your rim (should be around 1”).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts