Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided that the lock and ride rear box didn't have enough storage so I found this OGIO bag. Holy shit this thing is nice. More room and compartments to keep important thing separate and looks like it's a pretty durable bag. Everything on the outside is Velcro and they are some pretty strong connections.

Going out the the garage to put it on now and start loading it up.

·
Registered
721 Posts
What quad are you attaching it to? Can the straps fit around the factory rack?

·
Registered
152 Posts
You want to send us the link of the 1 you bought or pictures of it?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
:postpic: nuf said.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got all the straps hooked, you just have to move the 2 on the back to get the rear brush guard back.

The 2 front pouches and drink holder are removable, one pouch is insulated for food.

·
Premium Member
10,619 Posts
I have had the honcho rear on my bike for about six months and it is definitely a great bag. I only use the pouches and drink holder on multi-day rides.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Nice bag, and looks like it would even fit on the midsized bikes.

I got a bad taste in my mouth from the bag I used to have. fell apart. Not that it was a nice bag to begin with, but still. Went with a hard trunk. Time will tell on how well it holds up.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Best bag by far imo. Nothing else is close. Mine lasted 18 months at Hatfield before wearing through on spots and breaking the velcro straps off...but that is damn good imo. During the same time I have seen cabelas bags, tamarack hard boxes, and quad boss bags desinigrate on the trail...Ogio for me

PS - Polaris now sells the Ogio bag with L&R anchors built in (I think it has 4 of them too...because the L&R boxes with 2 anchors dont work well at all)

·
Registered
3,096 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
good lord that Otter box is a monster!!! Wouldn't work for my trail riding (way too much weight in the back end if loaded full), but man it looks like a great hunting/ice fishing box.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That otter is way to big. Nothing like going downhill and having that thing break off and hit you in the back.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
you've got more to worry about if your box/bag is breaking off on the trail...

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
yeah, a lot more to worry about!

they are pretty sweet and looks larger since in the vid its mounted on a little yammy. plus they come in 3 differet sizes

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I don't think so. I saw a brand new Tamarak come off an outlander right in front of me on the trail (ie not a wreck). Seen a quad boss bag disintegrate after two days at hatfield. I had the Polaris l&r box on my sportsman and the anchors were as tight as in oils get them and I lost it on a trail in west va....Ride hard enough, on rough enough terrain, with a lot of stuff in there, and inferior products quickly show up. We have learned to pack the bags as tight as possible...if there is room for anything to move or shift inside the bag, the bag ain't gonna make it and or u end up with crumbs of the stuff you used to have in the bag.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I'm hoping for some good use out of this one. Hopefully it's not falling apart after only a couple uses.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Well I'm hoping for some good use out of this one. Hopefully it's not falling apart after only a couple uses.
yours looks good quality, it will be fine

·
Registered
679 Posts
I did not even consider using the velcro straps on mine. Velcro is for diapers. I used 1" cam straps to hold mine down to the rack.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts