Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on up, here to Michigan, with so many great trails, covering half our state! So many trails it would take a life time, to explore them all! Get with me and lets plan a trip, where I can save you years of trying to find the best of the trails, towns, restaurants, lakes, hill climbs, campgrounds, so much clean sand, you'll think your riding in Arizona lol!
Summer will be here, before you know it!
If your over 50, so as to have more in common, join me, and lets ride!
Thanks, Steve

Attachments

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Are any of your trails private, I have a 8yr old grand son that has been riding for 4yrs this summer starting on a 125 TAOTAO and now a 200 Phoenix. Our problem is most trails unless require a state certificate which he has to be 10 to take the class. We ride their 12 acres but that get a bit boring after 30min. We go to a place about an hour away Called Bundy Hill 400acres with everthing you want do. BTW I'm 70, my Son-in-law is 34, and grandson 8. We ride 200 Phoenix, 330 Trail Boss, 500HO Scrambler and just picked up a 800EFI Sportsman. We live near Sturgis MI.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know your pain, remembering back when my kids were underage, but we still took chances, and were very lucky back then, but now its not worth getting ticketed, possible impounding vehicles, and such! I wouldn't advise it, anywhere but Bundy, and even there, it can get pretty dangerous! Be careful there. Too crowded at times, along with so many crazy riders! Just try and be patient, one day you'll be looking back when kids are older, and you'll be glad you waited, to have them ride legally!
Ride safe my friend.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I live 30 minutes from Bundy, my folks live up by Gaylord. Now that my oldest is 12 (legal) all of our riding is up north now.

Bundy is OK, my kids have been riding there since the place opened. It can get a bit crazy on the weekends but overall it's very good since there's nothing else in the area. If a kid learns to ride there they can ride anywhere.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I live 30 minutes from Bundy, my folks live up by Gaylord. Now that my oldest is 12 (legal) all of our riding is up north now.

Bundy is OK, my kids have been riding there since the place opened. It can get a bit crazy on the weekends but overall it's very good since there's nothing else in the area. If a kid learns to ride there they can ride anywhere.
Two summers ago my wife and I rented a Lodge up North and 30 family members were their on 270 acres. The place was north and west of Vanderbuilt we took quads up and never left the property. We all have our summers off so Bundy during the week was great, we got there around 10 and rode till 2 with one very small break, good time was had and our grandson went about everwhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm a snowmobile guy, but I just bought a 570. I ride in Michigan alot during the winter. My question is, can my wife ride on my quad with me on the trails? I plan to get a rear seat specifaccly designed to pair with my qauds rear rack so it attaches properly and add the foot pegs necessary. Does the DNR turn their heads or do people get fined left and right for this up there. I see a ton of these seats with people on them. My wife will sometimes ride with me on my sled in New York and the DNR never gave us a problem. I appreciate your time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, I'm a snowmobile guy, but I just bought a 570. I ride in Michigan alot during the winter. My question is, can my wife ride on my quad with me on the trails? I plan to get a rear seat specifaccly designed to pair with my qauds rear rack so it attaches properly and add the foot pegs necessary. Does the DNR turn their heads or do people get fined left and right for this up there. I see a ton of these seats with people on them. My wife will sometimes ride with me on my sled in New York and the DNR never gave us a problem. I appreciate your time.
I'm afraid not allowed, and do ticket, wouldn't take the chance. We use to ride doubles back in the day and never got caught, but stopped when it started eating up sprockets, chains way too fast!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Already have a couple of trips planned at Baldwin, and St Helen. I hope to fill in the rest of the season for many more day up north here in Michigan! Get with me and lets plan a trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts