Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Polaris 600 Twin with 620 miles. I am doing a complete service, al fluids. In my owners manual these amounts are given, 15 ozs. Trans., 5 ozs. front gear case, 5 ozs. rear gear case. Are these amounts correct? Dosen't sound correct to me. Thanks to anyone for help....

·
Registered
993 Posts
Not sure why you would question the manual, but in any case, yes my fluid amounts out of my manual worked just fine in my machine.

Oh and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply Cubby. I guess I question these amounts because of the extremely small amounts. I look at the physical size of the front and rear differentials then I look at the amount of lub. 5 oz.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I fill to the fill line and cap it off. I've never had a problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just read this post and it got me to thinking that maybe I should re-check my manual as well. It appears that there are 2 different types of front gearcase. One of them (Type A) gets lube filled to the bottom of the fill plug threads while the other (Type B) recieves 5 ounces of lube (GL5 80-90). Check for leaks as usual. This was my interpretation of the procedure for the front gearcase. As far as the rear gearcase goes the manual calls for 10 ounces of the same lube (GL5 80-90) but to check for the level at 1 5/8" below the top of the fill hole. I've got a Sportsman 500 HO 4x4 so I dont know if you have the same gearcases or not. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts