Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just finished first 24hr oil change. I drained tank and crankcase plug, and filter. I did not remove oil screen or vent tube. Added 2 quarts PS-4 oil. Is is necessary to clamp vent hose for ten seconds to prime pump? The reason I ask is the manual if i read it right says it's only necessary if you remove the screen and or vent hose? I clamped it for a few seconds to be sure but how am I to KNOW FOR SURE so I don't burn up the engine. Also will a low oil pressure warning lamp show on the speedo? I cranked it and its not knocking but just want to be sure. Thanks for your help. P.S. My youtube adobeflashplayer is acting up right now so its a no go there........

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I have never removed the screen or primed mine. Some will say prime it and others like me will say don't worry about it. Do what makes you feel comfortable because it is your machine.

Ronnie

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea thats my thought. I've ran it 5 minutes and I figured if it was pumping I'd heard it knocking. Thanks for the input
I have never removed the screen or primed mine. Some will say prime it and others like me will say don't worry about it. Do what makes you feel comfortable because it is your machine.

Ronnie

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea thats my thought. I've ran it 5 minutes and I figured if it was pumping I'd heard it knocking. Thanks for the input

Ronnie
I meant if it was not pumping it would have locked up by now as i just rode it hard for about 15 minutes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts