Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened. Been getting oil in my air box since day one only for the dealer to tell me to this day there's no service bulletin for a 2010 850 xp. Polaris is claiming that I rode my quad in too cold of weather and my pvc froze. Well after reading post on oil coming out of the headlight pod means the plug in the back of the motor pushed out. Is that always the case? Or with the updated parts will it be fixed? The funny thing is how Polaris says there's no bulletin but they offer a fix for the issue and yet winter cover it under the extended warranty. The quad has 600 Miles

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update back from dealer that said the quad was fix no oil coming out of the headlight pod and its fixed well after a 1/2 mile ride yup guess what im covered in oil yet again I dont get how polaris can be warrantying these issues for people and yet my dealer says theres nothing they can do it has 600 miles dealer maintained and the thing is showroom shape this is making me sick to my stomach

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
That sucks but as I am a less of warranty guy and more of a fix myself so I know its done guy, it is a pretty easy fix to do. Yes they should pay for it, yes they should own up to it. Bottom line is that I need my quads to run properly and I could care less who is responsible when it costs so little to fix. Not meaning to be harsh. POLARIS SHOULD FIX IT, but I am not willing to loose hair over it. That is my position, yours may be different.

·
Registered
25 Posts
so what's the "fix"?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
? Is oil coming from headlight pod thats not oil in the air box there are 2 lines that run to the light pod that ties the front,rear and transmission vent tubes Have you checked the levels in all three

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Have you looked to see which hose it is coming out of And where does it run 2

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Ok makes since yeah yeah

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
your headlight bulb has a leak, it is Halogen fluid:)

·
Registered
345 Posts
your headlight bulb has a leak, it is Halogen fluid:)
That's better and cheaper than leaking Xenon or LED fluid!

·
Registered
345 Posts
No chance of rust on that thing! Seriously, that's a lot of oil. Is popo doing the repair?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts