Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did my "break in" oil & filter change this weekend. I have 30 hours, so went just a little over the recommended 20 hour change for the break in period. I didn't remove and clean the screen fitting for the lower feed hose. Mostly because I could't figure out how to even get to it. It's on the inside of the tank/pan, and barely visible. Do you guys clean this screen, and if so how do you get to the dam thing? I was thinking that I might have to pull the battery.
Also when I pulled the drain plug there was a fair amount of metal filings or whatever stuck to the magnet on the inside of the plug. Is that normal?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I didnt clean the screen.A few shavings are normal,especially on the first oil change.

·
Registered
421 Posts
i agree. i have a carbed 08 500. i didnt clean the screen. the magnet is supose to catch anything metalic.

·
Registered
441 Posts
wow ..............she will blow shortly .....jk ..........but try n stick to your maint. schedule........

·
Registered
11 Posts
It will be fine, it's normal I use mobile oil synthetic and oil filter ph6017.at least until I totaled it and a frame broke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts