Polaris ATV Forum banner

Oil Filter for '08 400 HO

9K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  factionfx 
#1 ·
I need to change the oil in my '08 400 HO Sportsman, it has the 455cc engine. The only reference that I can find for an oil filter is a KN303 and the Polaris 3084963 but I am not confident that these are correct. What filters are some of you using for the '08 400 HO? Air and oil filters and do you use synthetic oil? I use Wix filters for my Foreman but I can't find where they make one for the Polaris.
Also a cross reference for ATV parts would be great if anyone knows of a site.

#4 · (Edited)
This is the problem I am running into, the '08 400 HO has the 455cc engine.
I just went to the Wix website and they do not show the 2008 400 HO and the 455cc that they show is an older diesel and mine is the newer gas of course.
I do shop at NAPA and that is why I was hoping that Wix/Napa made a filter for this machine.

#3 ·
I use Mobil 1 Full Syn. 0W-40 oil & NAPA Gold oil filters. I gettum from
NAPA. NAPA Gold filters are made by Wix! Switched to a UNI air filter.

#9 ·
No, I also found it very difficult to find aftermarket add ons and gave up doing anything with the 400 except for the plastic stick/rock A-arm guards. We just use it as a runaround and use the Foreman for plowing, winching, working. I look at it as a sports car to play with, the 455 is peppy for that frame size. If I am out on the property doing a lot of stop and go I will ride the Polaris, the auto is handy for that. We got into it for the right price so I am not disappointed at all and the wife loves it, you just don't have the aftermarket options that the more popular styles have.

#10 ·
I actually run K&N oil filter on my Sportsman 500. And Mobil 1 0w40 oil. I believe it is a KN-303 but don't quote me on that. Look it up on their site :).

That handy nut on the K&N makes it soooo easy to get off that I run it on the waverunners too. (waverunners are even more difficult to get to).

#12 ·
This thread is dead. Basically all the 4 strokes (at least the 325/400/500) use the same oil filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.