Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oil filter on my 2013 550 Sportsman is a pain to get a hand on. Anyone have a place I can buy a filter wrench that fits this little filter? Thanks

·
Registered
1,968 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
The initial socket it my posting was something I bought at NAPA..not the one I got off of eBay to change future filters.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I got my oil filter wrench at Walmart..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
KD 3149 strap wrench fits tiny to huge. I think I got mine at Autozone or Meijer but Walmart prolly has em.

http://amzn.com/B0002SR4MM
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
668 Posts
Take your new oil filter to a parts store and match up a socket that fits it. Or you can buy a Polaris filter wrench through a dealer.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I just bought a $2.99 plastic unit that fits on any standard socket wrench.. You can find'em in the auto parts section of any big box store.. I shaved about a milimeter off the outside edge with a grinder and it fits perfectly.. $2.99and about 45 seconds..

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I have a metal ens cap wrench from JD tools, should fit up on the XP filter.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I use the metal cap. On my 700 I ONLY use it to break it loose because with it on it's too long to get filter out. But that's minor really. Once you know. ;)

CW

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks

Thanks for the help guys. I bought a wrench from Auto Zone F size and it fits good. What I read was right on the money, the F is to small for the origanal filter but fits the replacment nice. Thnaks

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I got one from the dealer the same day I took dele very of the 550.
Was a bit snug on the factory filter, fits great on dealer filters.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
The oil filter on my 2013 550 Sportsman is a pain to get a hand on. Anyone have a place I can buy a filter wrench that fits this little filter? Thanks
Bought one at WAL ART today

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Went to dealer and asked about filter wrench. Told me to go to Wal-Mart. small plastic wrench perfect on my 11 850xp..
Wow,....that's good and bad.
Good that they are trying to save you money, bad due to the fact that they do not have what you need. My dealer and Wally World aren't next to each other. Gas and time, are valuable to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree, poor customer service. I think it's because they are not going to help anyone to change their own oil. My dealer said "the guys in the back have one if you bring your quad in" That's good, I would hope so. They should have what their customers want.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
At my dealer the guys in the back are also the guys in the front.
Small dealership, all ride

1 - 20 of 25 Posts