Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This last weekend I rebuilt my carb and removed the factory airbox and replaced with an uni filter directly attached the carb. I left the breather hose coming from the crankcase just hanging out back. Everything started up and idled fine but as soon as I gave it any throttle a LOT of oil started gushing out of the breather hose all over the ground.

I read a lot on the forums and only thing I can find is people saying the crankcase was overfilled during oil change. I know how to check the oil level when its warm and I have probably rode the quad 3-4 hours since last oil change and no oil was in the factory airbox when I removed it.

I do plan on putting a little filter on the end of the breather hose and securing it near the back. Quad felt super powerful before I did all this so I really doubt I have a ring issue causing excess crankcase pressure but I do plan to do a compression and leakdown test just for giggles.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

2006 Polaris Predator 500 TLE

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,150 Posts
Font Line Window Pattern Automotive exterior
to the forum
Ball Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Font Gas

·
Registered
14,477 Posts
If the oil was gushing, the engine was either overfull of oil or you have excessive blow-by into the crankcase. If the oil was a large quantity of droplets, I suggest you install a baffed oil trap and install a crankcase oil return line onto the clutch cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts