Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Sportsman 500 that I discovered oil in the air box deep enough that it was up to the filter. Any suggestions on what is wrong with it is much appreciated

·
Registered
526 Posts
It was like no oil the last time you looked then all that oil appeared?

The project Magnum had oil in the box but the guy had a hose dumping oil until it went to knocking. Since we use ours on shore I just keep the drain hole unplugged.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2011 850 sportsman has a little oil n air box. Never before n 1998 500 spm, or 700 2004 spm or 500 ranger, ive not added oil yet but will soon. No oil n filter but to much n air box i think.2 polaris dealers just shrug their shoulders. What up? Last 4 rides started noticing.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Lots of the 850s had this problem, the fix is to put a 2013 labrith plate under the valve cover and 2013 crankcase vent and hose on it, do a search and you will find more info,you have to take valve cover off to do this, adjust valves while your there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was like no oil the last time you looked then all that oil appeared?

The project Magnum had oil in the box but the guy had a hose dumping oil until it went to knocking. Since we use ours on shore I just keep the drain hole unplugged.
Yes probably within 10 hrs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts