Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2010 XP 850 that is getting oil in the airbox. I've read how it's a known problem and Polaris has redesigned the oil labrynth. My local dealer doesn't seem to know anything about this problem, maybe because they have only become a Polaris dealer within the last couple years. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on here would know what the part numbers are that I need to order to fix it. Thnx in advance! Micah

·
Registered
93 Posts
i dont suppose your dealer is Iron Pony in Columbus? Had mine fixed over the summer, they said they never heard of this issue, and then proceeded to tell me that i must have rolled it, essentially blaming me for the problem.

Im pretty sure they didnt change the plate on mine, cause it looks like they never had the head plate off. But i hadnt had any oil in it since it was "fixed".

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My "dealer" is actually in Kentucky. I bought the Atv as a 2010 leftover and got a great price plus didn't pay sales tax since I was from Ohio. Since I bought it 2 yrs ago I haven't had any problems. This oil in the airbox just started happening recently. I've read about it on the forums in the past and there seemed to be multiple different fixes for it. Fast forward to 2014 and I'm wondering what the be all end all fix is. Maybe one of the Polaris mechanics on the forum will chime in!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Your dealer should have a bulletin on the problem. The parts are listed there.

My dealer sold me the parts at a hugh discount since he knew it wasn't caused by me. Tell your dealer to do the same or you will go on line and buy em.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,078 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2011 on the 2nd ride. I took apart the breather on the valve cover and found the felt breather was soaked with oil. I removed the felt and have never had oil in my air box again with over 7000 km's on the machine now. Easy fix and should only take a few minutes to do. Part #10 on link. Hope this helps.
2010 Polaris SPORTSMAN XP EPS 850 (A10ZX85AK/AL/AS/AT/AX) Engine, Valve Cover | PartsPitstop.com
I agree and would try this fix first. It worked for me as well after I was getting oil in the box for a second time. Everything has stayed dry since, and it costs nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts