Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I purchased a 2007 Sportsman 800 X2 and not only did I notice today that I am leaking radiator fluid (cracked radiator)...but now I see that in my air cleaner box, when I pulled the 1/2"X1/2"X5 inch section of foam that it was soaked in oil. Does anyone know what my next move would be at this point. The ATV runs fine but I certainly don't want to knowingly run her if damage can occur due to this new discovery.

·
Registered
2011 Sportsman 850XP W/EPS
114 Posts
There is a fix for it which is pretty easy to do. It is just an o-ring that is not seated properly. All you have to do is take the breather off and put some grease on it and push it back together as if hour trying to screw it together and it seals it up better and the oil should stop blowing into your airbox. It is not supposed to be shooting oil into the airbox. Just because it is a problem for many people doesn't mean it's normal. If you don't mind mopping out your air box leave it but I would try to get that o-ring to seal right and have the breather do its job instead of having the airbox filled with oil all of the time.

·
Super Moderator
7,048 Posts
There is a fix for it which is pretty easy to do. It is just an o-ring that is not seated properly. All you have to do is take the breather off and put some grease on it and push it back together as if hour trying to screw it together and it seals it up better and the oil should stop blowing into your airbox. It is not supposed to be shooting oil into the airbox. Just because it is a problem for many people doesn't mean it's normal. If you don't mind mopping out your air box leave it but I would try to get that o-ring to seal right and have the breather do its job instead of having the airbox filled with oil all of the time.
The OP doesn't have an XP. You are talking about a totally different issue, with a totally different machine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts