Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm not an ATV mechanic but I am a pretty good wrench in general - so I'm not a moron or a newb

Had a prob w/ my 02 330 mAgnum 4x4 running like junk. Sooo Once again i pulled the carb and went through it. YAY runs liek a champ (again) In the process, I thought maybe the line from the air box to the top of the motor might be plugged, so I (foolishly) blew it out w/ the blowgun. I heard a slight "pooofp" and sounded like "a seal or something let go" (dumba$$ me) NOW after running it a few minutes, I realize I have a puddle of oil in the PVT cover. (figured it out cuz the belt was slippin and I wqsnt moving) Sooooo now what ??

My guess is theres a seal behind the clutch that let go ? Any ideas ? Most likely will end up pullin the clutch tomorrow and have a look see- I'm sure i"m not the first to do this or similar. I just dont want to pull it apart and have it sitting open for too long.

Thanks -

·
Registered
346 Posts
i would say your crank seal is shot. you prolly blew it out or messed it up with the airgun. Im pretty sure you gotta teal down the whole engine to replace the seal but im not 100% sure.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Probably blew the water pump seal as well. Might wanna take a look at that while you're at it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Crankcase seal on the PVT side of the motor can be replaced without tearing the engine down. You'll need a drive clutch puller. The waterpump seal has spring tension against it and would be hard to get a lot of psi against it with the counterbalancer butted to it, but it is possible that it could have been damaged also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
seal

sounds like u need to replace crank seal behind the clutch and I would check crank seal on flywheel side of motor also its behind flywheel and stator.Clutch takes a special puller that screws into clutch and pushes against the end of the crankshaft. Dont use a jaw puller on the clutch. Also theres no water pump on the 330 motor there oil cooled.Seals can be removed and replaced with motor in machine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, I lucked out and had the main seal pop out- re-seated the seal and I'm good to go. Thanks - I'll check the other seal as well - hopefully it's OK, not sure I want to be messin' around too long on this, I got trees to drag out of my woods

1 - 7 of 7 Posts