Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1994 sportsman 400 2 stroke. wondering if i should mix my own gas or chance the quad not doing it properly. what should i do ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
i have a 1994 sportsman 400 2 stroke. wondering if i should mix my own gas or chance the quad not doing it properly. what should i do ?
Good question. I have a 2000 Xplorer 250 2 stroke. I still use the oil well and let the pump inject the oil. But have been told by many people to start mixing my own.

I guess it is one of those things that as long as the oil pump is working, no problem. But if it stops and fries the motor, then we'll wish we mixed ourselves. I just got a 2013 Sportsman 500 HO so my Xplorer has been relegated to light duty, but when the oil well is empty I may start mixing myself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm in the process of doing the head gasket and piston and rings. i got it bored 20 over and don't really wanna chance the pump shiting out and frying my motor.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I'm not sure why you guys are worrying about the pump going out, had a 400L for 11 years with no pump problems, probably just keep oil in the tank and you should not have any problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts