Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've got a 95 Polaris Magnum 425 4x4. Not really mine....storing it for girlfriends daughter...
However I'd like to get it running for her. I'll post a pic but the first issue is what appears to be a oil sight window on the left hand side behind the coolant tank is busted out and oil flows freely.

I can't seem to find any info on this part. Very possible its not what I think it is and could be something else.
I'm somewhat capable with cars but never a ATV.

So I'll see if i can post a pic and hopefully someone will be helpful and I can get started. or not

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
824 Posts
I dont know what that is. Has someone moved things around? Its been a while but Im pretty sure my oil fill was on the left and the overflow bottle was under the right front fender or under the right rear fender. Battery was under left rear fender. Hopefully one of the guys that would know jumps in :unsure:

·
Registered
8,586 Posts
That is not an oil sight glass, it's a cover over the camshaft and being damaged usually indicates some more serious having to do with the auto decompressor suffering a failure. Part 12 in the schematic is the part I believe that you are indicating in the pic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much...this explains why it was so hard to get started. Now I just need to figure out if I want to fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts