Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what did you really get out of your clutch kit
nothing but a empty wallet

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Indy, I live 10 min north of Wyoming. I'll gladly assist with a kit to test with if needed. If your in the area you can stop by and try my 850 out too.I've seen some of the dyno and timing info from quadshop, but would be just as interested as you in seeing some had to head testing against other setups. I'd also like to see the benefit of the programmers I sell if you'd like or be willing to run one of them too.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Ok, this is way cool ! We're gonna find out how to make 'er rip!

Indy, will you dyno a stock Sporty and a stock Scrammy ?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Going all out? Comparing feel, function, overall performance, actual hp gains or losses at the wheels, etc.? Having the history you do, you know better than most that it's not just all about hp to the ground that matters.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I will start with my stock Sportsman then clutching, exhaust

I will keep this post going while it happens
my buddy Randy from heelclickers has a new interesting weight I can't wait to try a weight with a 3 oz. ball that move outward in the weight for belt pressure, and even the heelclickers themselves can't wait to try

I am not looking for 100 mph, I just want 0 to 75 white knuckle hangin on and still have 100 percent reliability, I want coming out of A Corner the front wheels in the air like a sprint car on a dry track, I thing the power is broad enough to handle some aggressive clutching

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I will start with my stock Sportsman then clutching, exhaust and controller
I should be able to get a stock scrambler and I am sure Joe has dyno'ed both already
I will keep this post going while it happens
my buddy Randy from heelclickers has a new interesting weight I can't wait to try a weight with a 3 oz. ball that move outward in the weight for belt pressure, and even the heelclickers themselves can't wait to try
we run them in the race sleds and boy they put pressure on the belt
I am not looking for 100 mph, I just want 0 to 75 white knuckle hangin on and still have 100 percent reliability, I want coming out of A Corner the front wheels in the air like a sprint car on a dry track, I thing the power is broad enough to handle some aggressive clutching
That would be awesome!!

2013 850ho

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have spent years on motor dyno's and track dyno's with the race sleds
should be a whole nother fun on a wheeler dyno

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I will get ahold of you

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I cant see a change in hp from a clutch kit.....

But thats also not what they are designed for.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I cant see a change in hp from a clutch kit.....

But thats also not what they are designed for.
Clutching has EVERYTHING to do with getting the HP the engine makes to the wheels. Inefficient or incorrect parts will scrub HP in the form of drag and heat in the clutches and belt. If this works out like I think it will knowing Indy, it will be some great info for everyone.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Subscribed!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Any results??? I'm curious before I start spending money on tires, clutch, pipe, power commander, ect.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Book mark installed

Looking forward to info.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Interested also....

1 - 20 of 62 Posts