Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I have the plow from an older model say 2005.It has the blade and what I call the A frame that it attaches to.I also have the mount that goes on the ATV.What I am missing is the peice that goes at the end of the A frame and mounts to the mounting plate on the atv.My quad is a 2013 sportsman 400 HO.Any help would be cool.Also where can I get one???

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I have the mount and the plow I need the part that attaches the plow to the mount.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the mount?
Sorry!!!You may be correct.I have a diagram of it and it does actually look to be the mount.I am in trouble if it is cause they no longer make that part.Chances of someone having a used one are proly slim.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
put a picture up of the diagram and highlight the part you're missing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
put a picture up of the diagram and highlight the part you're missing.
I'll try,The part # is 2875656,But I only need the parts that connect to the back end of the plow.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the part I need

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any body got one???:dunno:

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
So you are looking for the piece with the pins/studs sticking out, that the "push tubes" (aka plow frame) hook over/attach too? Or are you looking for the machine specific mounting plate?

Since it appears to be a Polaris brand plow, I'd start with your local dealer. Worst you'd have to do is buy the atv mounting assembly (both plates and hardware, probably $50'ish).

EDIT:
It looks like it mounts the same as an Eagle Plow system with the 2 piece / piggy back mounting plates. Universal pin/stud mounting plate, bolted to the machine specific plate.

Note..... I have a Eagle brand machine specific mounting plate and it's hardware, but not the plow pin plate off of a 2005 400 (should be the same as your 2013, as it's fitment range guide also fits my 2012 800). If this is the plate you need and think you could adapt your pin/stud mount to it.... drill holes and buy bolts/washers/nylock nuts, I'd let it go for $20 plus shipping costs. PM me.... I can take a picture and send it to you, if you'd like.

So on your picture above....... which part do you need? Item 4 "Lower Adapter" for plow side??? Or do you need the machine side, item # 3 "Upper Adapter"?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'm still not sure exactly which part you're looking for. what number in the diagram is it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I need everything from #22 up on the diagram.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Than you don't have the mount. I don't know what you have but 22 is the nuts for the mount, and everything above it (assumeing you're talking about the picture, and not the parts list) is the mount. It's a complete assembly and should be able to be purchased from who ever made you plow. Or you can make/have someone make one to work for you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep I need the mount.Yes the # 22 is a nut and I am talking about the pic not the list.It is a polaris gen I i think.I bought it off CL for 125 dollars thinking I could buy the mount.BUT Polaris quit making it and I can not find a used one.That is why I asked here hoping someone would have an extra lying around from a plow they had along time ago.As far as making one.I think that may be the only optoin as long as it doesn't end up costing to much.I can buy the whole mount and frame on ebay foe about 230 bucks but makes my CL deal meaningless if I go that route..

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Question.... did the seller have the mount for the 2005 Sportsman? If so, you may be able to adapt that to fit.

Another thought..... contact American Mfg about the pin/stud mounting dimensions (width of lower bracket, overall width of studs and stud diameter) of the Eagle Plow (mid) mount system to see if it would be compatable?? If they were close.... you could just buy that mount.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No seller's quad was stolen,He only had that part of the plow.I even called my popo dealer and asked if the mount was available before I bought it and they said I could get one no problem.Ya I should have known.They sold me a mount but is for the gen 3.Doesn't work.I will look into the other one and call around.Problem I am seeing is my great deal isn't going to be so great when I get done.But I am good at welding and metal work,I just do not have the access to the tools and equipment anymore.But I have to make it happen now cause I am stuck with this plow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts