Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my new 570 the day after Christmas, bought a new one with the Polaris Track Kit. What's the first "gotta have it" mod?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Clutch kit and skid plates are a good start. Don't forget the heated grips and/or hand guards are pretty popular

·
Registered
993 Posts
The first must do mod is GAS of coarse!!!!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what's up with this clutch kit deal? What's it do, benefit?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Dalton has on their site unless your going to put on bigger and heavier tires, not to bother with a clutch kit as it's calibrated well from the factory.........just saying. That said I'd love to see someone get an HMF slip on and optimizer and be "Exhibit A" to see what the gains are.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I would assume a clutch kit would be necessary when using tracks? But i dont know much about them.

Best mods, clutch kit and tires.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
No need to do any clutch work with tracks. But it wouldn't hurt to do it. But first things first, get the gear you need to ice fish with it, and some hand warmers on it. The rest will come as you put some miles on and find its deficiencies for your uses.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Dalton has on their site unless your going to put on bigger and heavier tires, not to bother with a clutch kit as it's calibrated well from the factory.........just saying. That said I'd love to see someone get an HMF slip on and optimizer and be "Exhibit A" to see what the gains are.
Not on a 570. But on my 550 I have an HMF and optimizer. Sounds better, but complete waste of money. I noticed no gains.

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I agree, leave it be!!

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Picking up my new 570 the day after Christmas, bought a new one with the Polaris Track Kit. What's the first "gotta have it" mod?
If you are happy with the factory clutching, like mentioned earleir, leave it alone. The tracks are geared for the machine they are on. When I eventually move up North, I will invest in a Camoplast Tatau 4S tracks for my 400.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you are happy with the factory clutching, like mentioned earleir, leave it alone. The tracks are geared for the machine they are on. When I eventually move up North, I will invest in a Camoplast Tatau 4S tracks for my 400.
I was originally thinking of those, problem was, I've been told by three different dealers that Polaris will not cover the warranty if you don't use Polaris parts.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I was originally thinking of those, problem was, I've been told by three different dealers that Polaris will not cover the warranty if you don't use Polaris parts.
Warranty on what?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Winch and heated grips.

Knowing Polaris, I can see the warranty issue. Add aftermarket tracks, something breaks, they blame the aftermarket tracks as it's an easy target for them.

Looking forward to pics :)

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ha yep typical dealer bullshit. I guess they see how many take the bait and from the amount of people that they tell that stuff to, it must be quite a few. I wonder if Polaris condones or even teaches these ILLEGAL business practices?

To OP, use the tracks of your choice. If something breaks, it's on Polaris' dime and time to prove that the tracks caused the warranty issue. Example- your engines grenades under warranty, Polaris has to prove your non-Polaris tracks is what caused the failure before they can deny your warranty claim. The federal government has a little thing called Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act to protect consumers against that kind of crap.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Ha yep typical dealer bullshit. I guess they see how many take the bait and from the amount of people that they tell that stuff to, it must be quite a few. I wonder if Polaris condones or even teaches these ILLEGAL business practices?

To OP, use the tracks of your choice. If something breaks, it's on Polaris' dime and time to prove that the tracks caused the warranty issue. Example- your engines grenades under warranty, Polaris has to prove your non-Polaris tracks is what caused the failure before they can deny your warranty claim. The federal government has a little thing called Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act to protect consumers against that kind of crap.
I've been told unless you use Polaris tracks, your claim will be denied if whatever broke is related. Polaris does not hold the burden of proof. If you break something and a warranty claim is denied, its up to you to fight, they could care less. All that being said, a warranty is only as good as the dealer.

·
Registered
422 Posts

I've been told unless you use Polaris tracks, your claim will be denied if whatever broke is related. Polaris does not hold the burden of proof. If you break something and a warranty claim is denied, its up to you to fight, they could care less. All that being said, a warranty is only as good as the dealer.
I'm pretty sure you are wrong. Polaris CANNOT tell you you have to use their products for Warranty

The Act provides that any warrantor warranting a consumer product to a consumer by means of a written warranty must disclose, fully and conspicuously, in simple and readily understood language, the terms and conditions of the warranty to the extent required by rules of the Federal Trade Commission. The FTC has enacted regulations governing the disclosure of written consumer product warranty terms and conditions on consumer products actually costing the consumer more than $15. The Rules can be found at 16 C.F.R. Part 700.

Under the terms of the Act, ambiguous statements in a warranty are construed against the drafter of the warranty.

Likewise, service contracts must fully, clearly, and conspicuously disclose their terms and conditions in simple and readily understood language.

Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty.[7] This is commonly referred to as the "tie-in sales" provisions,[8] and is frequently mentioned in the context of third-party computer parts, such as memory and hard drives.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts