Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hoping someone can give me some advice on an older Polaris Trailblazer 250, that keeps breaking the lower rear motor mount bracket. Solid steel! First one broke. I welded it together.. it ran good for another 2 weeks. Then it snapped in the original area it broke before. So I broke down and bought a used mount bracket i found on ebay. I am unable to find any of the brackets as new anywhere.. or the mounts. Anyhow, put on the new bracket with the good condition mount it came with. It worked well for 2 months. Today the belt was slipping and the first thing I checked was the rear lower motor mount bracket where it bolts to the engine. Of course. the new STEEL bracket broke again, right at the same spot. What could be causing this? The 4wheeler has not been driven wildly.. no heavy jumps or anything. Just normal riding on a concrete road. One thing I did notice after installing everything, is the motor still was wobbling or moving more than normal at idle. I raised the idle a bit, and it was a lot better. If you hit the gas at idle.. no wobble. Not sure if the vibration is breaking the mounts. But I'm still amazed that the solid steel bracket keeps breaking in the same spot, whether welded.. or new. Please help! Thank you

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
14,063 Posts
Im hoping someone can give me some advice on an older Polaris Trailblazer 250, that keeps breaking the lower rear motor mount bracket. Solid steel! First one broke. I welded it together.. it ran good for another 2 weeks. Then it snapped in the original area it broke before. So I broke down and bought a used mount bracket i found on ebay. I am unable to find any of the brackets as new anywhere.. or the mounts. Anyhow, put on the new bracket with the good condition mount it came with. It worked well for 2 months. Today the belt was slipping and the first thing I checked was the rear lower motor mount bracket where it bolts to the engine. Of course. the new STEEL bracket broke again, right at the same spot. What could be causing this? The 4wheeler has not been driven wildly.. no heavy jumps or anything. Just normal riding on a concrete road. One thing I did notice after installing everything, is the motor still was wobbling or moving more than normal at idle. I raised the idle a bit, and it was a lot better. If you hit the gas at idle.. no wobble. Not sure if the vibration is breaking the mounts. But I'm still amazed that the solid steel bracket keeps breaking in the same spot, whether welded.. or new. Please help! Thank you
Font Window Pattern Screenshot Automotive exterior
to the forum
Gas Font Automotive lighting Ball Vehicle registration plate

Reactions: Junk250

·
Premium Member
14,063 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
When I removed the front mounts, to replace the rear mount "had to shift motor forward to get it out", the front/upper mounts looked ok. However, with the rear mount bracket broke, the motor shifts quite a bit and quite easily. I would think the other 2 mounts should hold it more in place, than what it does. I will have to take a closer look at the front/upper mounts while twisting to see if the mount studs could be broken.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked up the serial number in the manual to get all the specs. Its a 1997 Gen 2 2x4 250. I can't find a mount specifically for that year on ebay or anywhere else. But the mounts I posted up top look the same as the ones on the 1997. Anyone know if they used the same mounts/brackets on all those years? Looks to be the same, but pictures can be misleading. So just curious. Sorry for all the posts.

·
Premium Member
14,063 Posts
Check for part numbers here Browse

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for that link FPD. Something a little strange. I look up a 1997 TrailBlazer. It shows https://parts.polarisind.com/images/4012/4012A010.gif this diagram. That rear mount doesn't look like the one I got. Wondering if maybe that is the gen 1 or something. I see that same part listed here. Polaris Trail Boss 300 4x4 95 Mount Engine Rear 5241176-067 32787 | eBay But I don't see that part anywhere on the 250 I got. Another strange thing is, I was watching this video on youtube,
. That rear mount looks like how mine is, but this guy mentions there being 2 rear engine mounts. One on each side, but mine seems to just have the one lower rear engine mount/bracket , sorta in the middle. So either their is 2 different 1997 trail blazer 250's, or im missing one of the rear mounts? Although, in that diagram I can't find the one that is shaped like the one I have. Will keep searching. Thanks for all the info thus far!

·
Premium Member
14,063 Posts
  • Love

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ooops lol. I read the serial number identification wrong. The Y in my serial number makes it a 2000 model, not a 1997. Thank you sir! Should put me back in the right direction. Serial is 4xABA25c5YB079824. A "V" would have made it a 97.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shows part number for that bracket as 5242897-067. This one listed on ebay has a 2897 stamped in it. So guessing this will do it. Sure looks the same. 2002 Polaris 250 Quad Trail Blazer rear Engine Mount Bracket | eBay EDIT - I used that site to look up the 2002 250... and its the same part number.. so bingo. Thanks a LOT for all that amazing info and links. Will order it and check the other mounts as well when I go to replace it. Will check back when I find out more and get that rear mount bracket replaced... again!

·
Premium Member
14,063 Posts
VIN Search Results
Vehicle Information
Vehicle Information
Model Name
TRAIL BLAZER
Model Year
Model Number
A00BA25CA
Purchase Date
4/3/1999
VIN
4XABA25C5YB079824
Engine Serial Number
Warranty
Warranty
Factory Warranty
Start Date
4/3/1999
Expiration Date
10/3/1999
Extended Service Contract (ESC)

Start Date
N/A
Expiration Date
N/A

·
Premium Member
14,063 Posts
Make sure you select the correct model # from the drop down choices when looking up the correct parts in the link I supplied.
Model Number
A00BA25CA

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
111 Posts
Great. Sounds like your on the right track. It just about has to have a 2nd mount broke. I just don't see that motor having enough power to shear the metal mount with the other 2 intact. The rubber isolator yes. But not that bracket. Has one at lower front of engine and one at the rear of the cylinder at the top

1 - 20 of 27 Posts