Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me that the older 2008 and older 500s ride better (softer) than the newer one's. So my question is, Are the new sportsmans springs a little stiffer? suspension wise. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
^ What he said

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Makes sense about the stiffer springs, I have rode a lot of the older model Sportsman 500s and they all seem to ride smoother over rough stuff than the 2013 500 I had a chance to ride the other day on a trail ride with family and friends.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sporty, don't know if they are better/softer but they are smooth. My old ride was a '96 Bayou 220 (great bike in the bush going to the deer stand).

·
Registered
217 Posts
Where the tires comparable to each other and PSI's?

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Thanks, Makes sense about the stiffer springs, I have rode a lot of the older model Sportsman 500s and they all seem to ride smoother over rough stuff than the 2013 500 I had a chance to ride the other day on a trail ride with family and friends.
One other thing to take into consideration is the mileage on those older 500's compared to the 2013. I know this as a fact as my friend has a 2010 500 with 1800 miles and I rode it and commented to him as to how smooth it rode compared to my 100 mile 2013 500. The suspensions on older 500's are broken in and naturally ride smoother than a newer bike

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
How was the steering with the older machine compared to your new bike?

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
How was the steering with the older machine compared to your new bike?
I really saw no difference steering wise between the 2010 and 2013

1 - 9 of 9 Posts