Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I had one heck of a day last Monday so I feel like sharing.

I was goofing off at home during the afternoon when my friend who owns the local Polaris dealer calls me and asks me if I was available because he was on a really bad situation and needed help. Apparently he went to help one of his customers who got his Ranger 800 stuck deep inside the wetlands at the ship channel and he went riding solo so he S.O.L. and left his Ranger with 6K in accessories in there for two days. Well my friend went with a Ranger Crew to help him out and they succeeded on removing the standard Ranger but the Crew got stuck and they couldn't get it out so they were desperately trying to get it out before nightfall. So here I go hooked up my trailer, loaded up my RZR and several recovery straps I have and headed down the beach with my wife since she wanted to tag along. We ride seven miles to the ship channel and another mile and a half on a trail filled with sticky sand and wetlands and I arrive at around 5:45PM and almost nightfall to this scene.

(Sorry for the bad pic but wife took the picture with her old phone)

We stand like three fools for 15 minutes trying to figure out a safe way to the Crew out so we hook up the Ranger and the RZR to do some tandem pulling and after an hour and half of blood (real blood cause my friend got whacked with a tow hook) sweat and plenty of cursing We manage to get that beat out of the hole at around 7:40PM. We ravel another 25 minutes on the beach shore and head back to the trucks, I strap my RZR to my trailer and when my friend tries to cross some loose sand with his 2WD Silverado 2500 along with his trailer and the Ranger Crew he gets stuck so here I go unhook my trailer and pull his truck with my 4WD Tundra. After all was said and done I got home at 9:30PM tired and with a sore elbow for shoveling mud and sand, my friend got five stiches from the hook to the face, my wife doing first aid and his customer apologizing like 200 times for all the trouble he caused. Still my wife and I got a kick out of it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
And ... ?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There it is. Sorry I clicked post by accident and typed the rest.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Sounds like an exhausting ordeal. Good job though!

Somebody owes you big time.

From the looks of that pic, he was a dipstick for going out in that area.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like an exhausting ordeal. Good job though!

Somebody owes you big time.

From the looks of that pic, he was a dipstick for going out in that area.
It's part of the trail but that road is rarely used because it's flooded most of the time. The biggest dipstick was the man on the Standard Ranger for riding alone. His Ranger has a crap load of accessories and I was shocked when he said that he left it stuck for two days BY ITSELF. It was a miracle that it wasn't ripped apart by the locals.

I have a picture of it somewhere.

This is the Ranger that was originally stuck and left abandoned for two days.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
sounds like a couple people owe you at least a case or two of your favorite libation.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Great job, who knows, maybe you will need help some day and they owe you.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
That is some customer service from that dealer!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Atleast your wife wasn't mad you guys were there that long!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is some customer service from that dealer!
That's exactly what I told him! :lmao:

Atleast your wife wasn't mad you guys were there that long!
Nah she doesn't mind, his dealer is the only dealer in my area who fully supports the ATV safety training I provide and for that I am grateful. And everyone who asks me where to buy a quad I always recommend them because they're good people.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The real lesson in this story is don`t use tow hooks. They turn into projectiles and are very dangerous! Ask your buddy that got the stitches. Use D rings to attach straps to proper recovery points.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
great job guys always nice to have friends to help out and never a bad thing to help out a dealer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts