Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Tomorrow morning before work I’m gonna replace the coil. Hopefully it is the problem, but even if it’s not I have to eliminate the variable ASAP. I’m leaving Thursday for Ride Royal Blue in Tennessee. I guess if it’s not the problem I’ll just be running Rwd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Ride Royal Blue is a fun time! There are a couple of the uphill climbs that you might want AWD though. Depending on the weather. When we went it was kinda muddy so having the AWD was comforting. I never get tired of riding in the mountains!

I am beginning to hate the front wheel hilliard hubs. I can't keep seals in one of my 325 machines. The MOSE and my son in laws Trail boss don't leak. I just replaced the hub seals in the fall and now I see that it is leaking again on the 325 I plow with.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
I definitely want my awd but I leave Thursday no matter what. I had no issues with my awd at all until now. It’s making me want a different quad honestly but I love my scrammy too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Update: it was the coil. I got the hub taken apart, then I put the armature plate on the axle, just dangling, jumped power to the coil... nothing. Put the new one on, did it again, and it pulled that plate against the coil sleeve IMMEDIATELY. Very strong magnetism. Now I’ve just gotta try to get my money back on it, unlikely because I already bought another but oh well. 38$ isn’t the end of the world, I’m just glad I found the problem so I can have awd on my trip!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Okay so nevermind? I put it all back together and it doesn’t work. How is it that I made sure it pulled the armature plate, but now it won’t work while I’m riding? For shits and giggles I switched where the two coils plug into the harness, didn’t change anything

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I can only think of 2 things.

1: could my axle but be too tight or loose? I tightened it just to where it made the hub drag, and then backed it off to the next slot for the cotter pin.

2: is it possible that my Hilliard clutch is bad? Could it just be slipping? I feel like that would make a lot of noise though... could that be the noise I had been hearing in the front end while spinning in 3 wheel drive after the wire broke?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts