Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have had this ongoing battle with oil in my air-box and finally had a response! I was told to take out the one way check valve, near the oil filter. I did so and my manual said there would be some residual oil and if any significant amount came out add some to the tank when I put the plug back in. Well I noticed when i took out the check valve that there was some oil, I placed a 1 ltr jug under the flow of oil, it filled 2 and a half, 1 ltr jugs! ANY CLUE IF THIS COULD BE MY PROBLEM WITH OIL IN THE AIR-BOX? If so what should I do?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Hey all, I have had this ongoing battle with oil in my air-box and finally had a response! I was told to take out the one way check valve, near the oil filter. I did so and my manual said there would be some residual oil and if any significant amount came out add some to the tank when I put the plug back in. Well I noticed when i took out the check valve that there was some oil, I placed a 1 ltr jug under the flow of oil, it filled 2 and a half, 1 ltr jugs! ANY CLUE IF THIS COULD BE MY PROBLEM WITH OIL IN THE AIR-BOX? If so what should I do?
If on a 4 stoke atv most of them only hold 2 quarts. It could be pushing the oil out because it is overfull. Make sure that it is only oil. The float could stick in the carb causing oil to go into the crankcase and therefore overfilling the eingine. Glad to help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot, I suppose while there is alot of oil drained I should do an oil change, I have to drain both crankcase and oil tank, do i only add the oil to the tank and it will spread out evenly into the crankcase or do I add oil somewere else? Sorry for asking such easy questions!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
it sounds as if you have drained the whole engine of oil. was the check valve screwed up or what exactly were you implying happened with it?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
just add the oil to the oil tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts