Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gates® G-Force? 20G4022 - CVT Belt | O'Reilly Auto Parts

A few months I was told by a very great rep that they were planning to offer more for ATV's. So I went in this week and sure enough they had our Polaris in the parts look up computer and I order the Gates 20G4022 drive belt for our Magnum and it came in the next day. At $50.99 it was middle of the road compared to the web where the price ranged from $40 to $60.

It will be after a carb rebuild before I test it but as you can see in the picture it is double notched and based on looks it seems like a nice belt.

Hopefully if they get more asking for ATV parts they will stock more in the warehouse. Right now they have a very few types of parts for our Polaris but 5 months ago they had less. :) It is mainly the belts, filter, plugs at this time locally.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Good to know. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Autozone carries some stuff, still not alot, but the quads are in the system!

·
Registered
214 Posts
What type of stuff does auto zone carry. Didn't know they did ?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the chains it is a numbers game by nature so there must be a reasonable market developing ATV's and similar equipment. Every farm around seem to have one or more ATV type machines. The link I posted from Polaris a few weeks ago they stated recreational sales was only about 30% of their total sales which makes 70% of sales for commerical use. That market will often have their own service centers and monitor the cost of fluids, etc. Then there are those like us that seldom are ever in a town with a Polaris dealership and get most if not all parts off the web. Actually we are using Amazon more than Ebay today for most any new item.

Since these chains work out of an overnight warehouse set up they can by say 12 belts to cover maybe a hundred stores keeping down inventory. Hopefully they will soon carry carb kits and other after market lines of parts. I know the managers take note about popular items when they do not have them in the computer system.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ more and more states are allowing use on public roads as well, which will increase popularity, and use of wear items.

Honestly, i bought spark plugs, but they looked it up right in there computer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts