Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In lacona/Boylston ny looking for people to ride with i mix up my riding with mud,hills,rocky and fast and slow dirt roads I run a 2009 scrambler 500ho 4x4 im one mile from Lewis county trails so parking or camping and campers are no problem I want to keep it family friendly I live in a place where we could leave from my house for the upcoming snirt run or other rides and would like to go to other places to ride as well so email me on here and see how it goes p.s. Im 40 with my own family and not into 20 something drama just want to meet good people that share my family's interests have fun riding and camping

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello I live in Utica and just got a new 850 looking for places to ride I’d like, to try Oswego’s trails I’m usually off M-Wednesday

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in Marcy, looking for some "nothing crazy" riding myself. Not really into it enough yet to join one of those clubs...if you guys find a place let me know. My brother is also interested. Both Sportsman 500 owners.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Marcy and Utica?
I'm between Rome and Westmoreland.
We ride the Lewis COunty trails.
Great Lot is next.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve been riding up in North Utica close to Marcy cool that there are others in the area if anyone wants to ride just message me

·
Registered
340 Posts
Will do. I already told the boy he is staying home one day when i go riding so i can hammer.
do you know a land owner in North Utica?
message me if you rather not put it out publicly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd be interested in finding out where any good trails in the Oneida County area are. Tons of land around me but it's not wheeler friendly. And driving to Lewis County just to ride seems a little much...but we can if we have to.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The Northern Oneida County atv Club NOCATVC is working on setting trails up on the approx. 400 acres the county agreed to let us use.

Unsure if timeframe though.

Towpath Inn up north is where we park.good food. Good people and not that far

·
Registered
6 Posts
I messaged both of ya
I didn’t know there was a club for Oneida county
I heard town of Ohio is legal but think Russia isn’t so if ya ride from hinkley to Ohio kinda gotta ride thru Russia
Also aug 4/5 me and my cuz are prob going to either tall Pines or Tug

·
Registered
340 Posts
Guess I better check my message. Great day with the kid. Went with a guy from Northern Oneida County ATV Club at The Great Lot and Lewis County trails. Not enough mud but was a great day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So my son and I (he's 7) just started riding this year. We are in Madison County and there are ZERO trails in the county that we know of. Would love to get a trail system set up but I have no idea how to even start the process. Any way, we go up to Lewis County and just tried out Oswego last weekend. Lewis is ok but I like trail riding. The open seasonal roads in Lewis county are not really what we are into. Maybe we are missing the actual trails up that way?? Can someone tell me if there is actual woodland type trails up there? We did enjoy the 11 or so miles we did in Oswego last weekend. Good trails, lot less dust. I'm leaning on riding in Oswego next season.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have land in Madison county but live in Oneida County. We joined the Northern Oneida County ATV Club. With that we got a discount on the Lewis county trail permit and a nice map.
We rode the Great Lot trails the other day and have also parked at Myers Towpath Restaurant and road the trails there.
The owners are great and will tell you all about the trails.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have land in Madison county but live in Oneida County. We joined the Northern Oneida County ATV Club. With that we got a discount on the Lewis county trail permit and a nice map.
We rode the Great Lot trails the other day and have also parked at Myers Towpath Restaurant and road the trails there.
The owners are great and will tell you all about the trails.

What is "Great Lot"? Always looking for spots to ride. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
What club do you join for oswego trails?
Are there other permits needed?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Great lot is included with NOCATV and others I believe.

I posted oswego valley trails.

Apparently that is much different than oswego county.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oswego County ATV trail system is working on some changes that might impact folks that plan to ride up there in the 2020 season. There's going to be rules put in place on tire lug sizes. I think nothing greater than 1.5". I think they might be planning on changing rules concerning aftermarket exhausts and machine width too. It caused a big uproar on their facebook page. Lots of bickering and finger pointing going on. OCATV ended up shutting down their FB page altogether.
Kinda sucks considering if we were ever to get a statewide ATV system in place i think OCATV trails would be an integral part of the system.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts