Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, 6200 miles is a lot. Ya it looks clean on the exterior, but that's just a wash and wax job by the retailer. Check out how rusty that muffler is and it makes one wonder about the rest of whats under the plastic and it's condition. Keep looking and have patience and you'll find a good deal eventually.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I have always stayed away for buying used when it comes to ATVs. Simply because you have no idea how that machine was used by the previous owner or owners. Unless you personally know the previous owner, his riding habits and maintenance, I have to agree with Ridinagain and sledder1.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Don't fear used just buy wisely

Yeah new is great and all but I'm a cheapskate so gotta save bucks where it makes sense, quads and cars are two where you will save depreciation. But like others said get lower mileage, there are lots of folks who buy quads and don't ride them much for one reason or another. I bought a '10 in '13 with 42 hours and 300 miles on it and managed to save 3000 compared to new. Keep looking, Be patient and a much better deal will come. :cowboy:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up getting one from a private party 2007 500efi with 878 miles. Lots of upgrades great shape very happy with it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Nice buy!

There you go-very good choice and great price. Like the low miles. What have you done to it so far? What's next for it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's funny I was supposed to go look at that quad at fuel power sports. Jake was the salesman. I looked at a different quad first and bought it. He gave me a quote of 3750 cash over the phone. The miles scared me away.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which one did you buy. I spoke with Jake over the phone as well, when I got there he was with another customer so I spoke with another salesman. Did you see the touring one in person from the picture it looked like it was taken care of.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Which one did you buy. I spoke with Jake over the phone as well, when I got there he was with another customer so I spoke with another salesman. Did you see the touring one in person from the picture it looked like it was taken care of.
I was supposed to be there at noon Friday but drove up to potter Wisconsin and looked at. 2010 550 touring eps. I bought the 550. The miles really scared me and jake has a lot of negative reviews. It was a good deal though

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Like mentioned nice buy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts