Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I are thinking about taking a ride in the Ouachita Mountains sometime in November. Has anybody ever ridden the trails listed below? If so, which ones and how did you like them? We'd like to get a cabin and make a day or three out of ii if possible.

Thanks,

Bear Creek Trail ATV Trail
Broken Bow ATV Trails
Fourche Mountain ATV Trail
Huckleberry Mountain ATV Trail
Kiamichi Ridge Trail
Renegade Ranch ATV Trails
Sugar Creek ATV Trail
Ridgeline Trails- ATV Trails
Riverfront Recreational Park
Wolf Pen Gap ATV Trail

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was hoping one of you guys/gals have ridden one of these trails in the Ouachita's and had some input. With so many choices I'm being indecisive on where to go.
If this is the toughest choice in front of me I'm doing OK.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know Arkyrider over on atv nation live and rides that area a lot and always has good info. 97 Mile Omp Through 2 Arkansas Counties. - ATVNation Videos - ATVNation

I rented a cabin at Wolf Pen Gap last year and rode there for a couple days, pretty laid back and easy riding.
I heard a week or two ago that the trails by Broken Bow were closing but i do not know if that is true or not?
The other places I don't know much about.

Good luck!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know Arkyrider over on atv nation live and rides that area a lot and always has good info. 97 Mile Omp Through 2 Arkansas Counties. - ATVNation Videos - ATVNation

I rented a cabin at Wolf Pen Gap last year and rode there for a couple days, pretty laid back and easy riding.
I heard a week or two ago that the trails by Broken Bow were closing but i do not know if that is true or not?
The other places I don't know much about.

Good luck!
Thanks. I'll look up Arkyrider. I've never ridden Wolf Pen Gap but it's certainly on my list. I wonder about it being crowed though since it's so popular. I rode Forche a couple of years ago and enjoyed it there.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Heading to WPG this Sunday. Besides the National Forest Trail, there are miles & miles of county roads you can ride on, and they are just as scenic. We stay around the north trailhead, about ten miles from the city of Mena. As a suggestion, get a trail map from the Ouachita ATV club, available at Tim's Yamaha in Mena or at Wolf Pen Campgrounds (5 dollars). It is a great guide for the area.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have rode many of the trails listed over the past ten years. WPG is the most popular choice but in the past three years most of the good trails have been closed by the Forest Service. If you are looking for a nice two days of easy riding, then WPG is your choice. Kiamichi Ridge trail is extremely rocky and rough. It was a trail that I have done once and really don't have much desire to do again. Not bad just not worth the drive over. Fourche Mt. is a nice one day trail system not too far from WPG. Sugar Creek is also a nice one day trail. Overall if you plan to spend multiple days, then try to hit as many as you can.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Broken Bow trails have been closed for a long time. The timber company that owned it shut it down to ATV's but not deer hunters.

The K trail is a very rocky one way in and the same way out trail. Scenic but pretty darn rough in places.

Fourche Mountain used to be real good. Since the last flood I have heard it is very rough now and the Forest Service has not repaired anything.

Wolf Pen Gap would be your best bet. There are numerous cabins you could stay in and ride right from the cabin without having to trailer anywhere. I believe it is modern gun season all through November and you will need to wear hunter orange. I think during gun season you have to wear orange in all the national forest.

Ronnie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts