Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Sportsman XP 1000 63 1/2 wheelbase
819 Posts
WAY jacked up ridiculous Polaris pricing, more and more China parts in Polaris machines and all with the same awesome limited 6 month warranty.

Japanese machines are looking way better again in about every way.
A Grizzly is a solid machine. I have had one and also have a 2017 Kodak EPS.
And my son in law said he would like to get a Grizzly after riding my Kodak and I think he scared of the Sportsman because he see me doing so much Upgrade and repair on it and he can't work on them and seeing that he can't even change his own oil in his car a Grizzly maybe a better choice for him.

·
Registered
2022 Sportsman 450 HO Utility, Zenith Blue
15 Posts
WAY jacked up ridiculous Polaris pricing, more and more China parts in Polaris machines and all with the same awesome limited 6 month warranty.

Japanese machines are looking way better again in about every way.
The price on them just as ridiclous, not to mention the $1000 or so add-on fees like shipping, destination, set-up, $250 paper work fee, it's like buying a new car. Luckily I found a used ATV with only 33 miles and dodged all those fees!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Exactly why my next purchase will be a Jeep JL (2 door wrangler). Far more fun and can daily drive it.

Reactions: pcaster

·
Premium Member
04 Sportsman 700, 04 Scrambler 500, 04 trail touring 550 sled
1,558 Posts
Embarrassing. I’ll keep working on my fuji 500’s and gas guzzling twins!

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
I just talked to my guy about getting a 23 HLer and he said there are no "mud editions" available in 23 right now.
I am curious to see where they go from here.
Did you mean to say 22 Highlifer and no 23 Highlifer.
I have already been taking about on another thread that I didn't see the
Sportsman Highlifer on the website but I redone my Sportsman xp 1000 transmission to the Highlifer specs.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Did you mean to say 22 Highlifer and no 23 Highlifer.
I have already been taking about on another thread that I didn't see the
Sportsman Highlifer on the website but I redone my Sportsman xp 1000 transmission to the Highlifer specs.
To clarify, I just bought a 22 which is the red accent with gray plastics.
I was inquiring about the 23 to see if there would be styling changes and a new color (as we get a new accent color every year) and was told there will be no HLr "mud edition" bikes (ATV and UTV) for the 2023 model year.

·
Registered
319 Posts
looks like the news is getting around.

·
Registered
319 Posts
haha what are you two on about?
DogRunner by the looks of your profile pic you are the midlife crisis guy doing 100mph down the trails and arguing with people about why bikes are portals are dumb.

A crawler jeep and a SxS are nothing alike, plus I have an LS swapped trail truck that will hurt your feelings in that clapped out Rzr... so lets not get carried away with what "power" really is.

·
Registered
455 Posts
haha what are you two on about?
DogRunner by the looks of your profile pic you are the midlife crisis guy doing 100mph down the trails and arguing with people about why bikes are portals are dumb.

A crawler jeep and a SxS are nothing alike, plus I have an LS swapped trail truck that will hurt your feelings in that clapped out Rzr... so lets not get carried away with what "power" really is.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
lol.I'm just here for the comments.Got rid of the clapped out PoPo.Power to weight buddy. No comparison. I'm a little past midlife. And I do drive a 100mph when I can😉.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
There will be a time when people stop buying because prices are too high. When is the real question.
Looks like the time for people to quit buying is here.
Was at my dealer to get oil and the place was full and full of every brand they carry even Polaris.
And the $20,000 Sportsman Highlifer 1000 has been there for weeks now, I remember that back in 2019 those Highlifer was a hot seller and didn't sit there long.
As for the oil I may take it back because I know now that Polaris oil prices are higher than Amsoil.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I paid 16 for a 22Hler.
The prices on them will jump because they arent making them this year.

I hope this is a delay is to re-tool into the new format, until then, the next bike I buy will be CanAm until Polaris brings back a "mud edition".

21 - 40 of 40 Posts