Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd be curious as to what folks end up paying out the door for new machines. I am probably going to pick up a 550 EFI this week.

I have been frustrated by dealers never giving a straight answer on what the out-the-door price is.

I am in michigan with 6% sales tax. It seems like they bury more fees in the price than any other industry. (I have owned Sportsmans in the past. But never bought them new. )

What did you pay total for your new machine out the door? And what did you get?

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I paid $5100 out the door today for a 2013 sportsman 500. I live in Oregon so there is no sales tax. There was set up and title fee though but still got away paying total, $5100

·
Registered
772 Posts
I was ticked when I went to my dealer to get a 800efi. The sales paper had it for $6477 with a winch and plow. That was a great deal. I called to ask about the fees and he told me $405 plus tax. I added up $7200. I thought that was a great deal. But, when I got there the price sheet was up over $8000. I delt with him for over 3 hours and ended up with a 550 xp for $7300 out the door with a 2500 lb winch installed. I thought I got a decent deal.

·
Registered
772 Posts
pisses me off they give a rock bottom price in the paper then add ridiculous fees like delivery and assembly and administrative etc ect ect fees to get to the real price they want. I think they just put those great prices in the paper to get you in the door.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd be curious as to what folks end up paying out the door for new machines. I am probably going to pick up a 550 EFI this week.

I have been frustrated by dealers never giving a straight answer on what the out-the-door price is.

I am in michigan with 6% sales tax. It seems like they bury more fees in the price than any other industry. (I have owned Sportsmans in the past. But never bought them new. )

What did you pay total for your new machine out the door? And what did you get?

Thanks!
Can't help ya on the new, but I too am in MI, and trust these dealers as far as I can throw them. Seem's a shady industry to me. I've always bought used but thats more due to price, but screwing around with the dealers and not getting strait answers has always been another reason. I'd keep checking with others and see who they suggest. There was a place in Toledo I saw some posts on people seemed to be happy with.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
My local dealer does not charge delivery, setup or doc fees.
They do not barter with pricing much though, a little, but not a lot.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
My local dealer does not charge delivery, setup or doc fees.
They do not barter with pricing much though, a little, but not a lot.
It's cause there is not much left without those fees for them to make. Polaris actually charges freight fees to the dealers. And they do have to pay someone to uncrate it and PDI it.

We didn't charge those fees either, but there wasn't much left to keep the doors open with.

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my Sportsman 500 HO for 5900 in Lowell, NC. I spent a week calling three different dealerships having them beat each others price. That saved me about 350 and my local dealer ended up matching the best price

·
Registered
19 Posts
I picked up my new 2012, 550 Touring about 15 months ago. I paid $8,877 out the door, including the 2,500 lb winch, including Polaris front & rear brush guards installed. I live in Oklahoma, and this price does not include any state tax or registration fee's.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Dealer hold over 2012 550 EPS LE with a brush guard and rear rack extender,
$9k out the door.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
This last September 20th (2012), I purchased a 2012 Sportsman 800 EFI. I had a Polaris # 2500 winch and Polaris G3 Plow System installed.... my OTD was $720X.XX. This was with the "Year End Clearance Event" promo. I added front and rear rack extenders (installed) after the paper work was done for $200 more at pick up.

Later I added the bumpers @ 15% off dealer list, as an accessories deal for a year after purchase from that dealer.

I recently quoted (at the same dealer/shop) a 2013 Sportsman 400 @ $5200 OTD, no promo's.

I very rarely look at the sticker price, and always ask for the OTD.... as that's what my check book cares about!!

Hope that helps ya!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
faawrenchbndr,
Which dealer is that?
I'd love to talk to one that is straight up.

thanks

<<My local dealer does not charge delivery, setup or doc fees.
They do not barter with pricing much though, a little, but not a lot.>>

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Flint Hills Powersports outside Manhattan, KS
They do not push the extended warranties, I've bought some small stuff there
since buying the 550. They give me 10% off parts and accessories since I bought
the machine there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got the 850

Thanks for the feedback and info everyone. I ended up getting the 850 EFI with a plow and winch installed. Out the Door with all fees, total cost was $8,200.

I was going to go with the 550, but for only a few hundred more, I got the 850. I got it at full throttle in lansing.

Any thoughts on warranties and prices for those?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I've been shopping hard the last month. Currently you can get a 550 out the door for about 6900 or an 850 for 7500. Both Non EPS models. Add about $700 to either for the EPS. The difference on the EPS versions is only $300 on the sticker for EPS. That's in MN with aprox 7% tax and registration and all fees. But found other dealers within 30-40 miles at $300-1,000 more. Pays to shop around. Best prices are at the smaller hardware store/dealer in a little town where I live vs. the big giant super toy store closer to the twin cities. Less overhead means cheaper prices. That's why my shop rate from the back yard is 1/3 of the dealers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A few months ago I got a 2013 Browning edition LE 550. The out the door price was the sticker price. But I did buy the 5 year extended warranty for an extra $700
I went to a few dealers and couldn't get them to even do sticker price.... so I thought I got a decent deal

1 - 20 of 42 Posts