Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a arm bushings on 2012 SP 800. So I got it all apart. Bushing and bushing carrier on the lower were gone( as well as upper). I bought the bushings and am making the steel parts myself. The new bushings on the lowers have a larger ID ( old 1.219 new 1.251 ). The problem is this. The bearing carrier has a counter bore that is machined to accept the smaller diameter bushing carrier. I am unable to find an image or specs for this ridiculously over priced part( 5632291 ). Has anyone on here done this? Have any pics?
I'm thinking I just turn a shoulder on one end of the bushing carrier so it fits in the bearing carrier. My concern is that it will not seal properly.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention... rears

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Stumped the forum??!! Dealer let me look at a part today. Looks like its the same size. I'm adding zerks and making an exact replica of stock parts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,563 Posts
i used jccapri's bushing kit and added zerks to the lower outer end of the rear a-arms.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. I had thought about those. The inners were fine and didn't want the shell out 160$ when I needed 30$ in parts plus the ones I made myself. It does look like a great kit tho. Got 1 side done. Waiting on dealer for 2 more bushings

1 - 5 of 5 Posts