Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a suggestion for rear brake line extensions, has anyone here put this lift on the 1k yet I have it from my 850 sportsman and so far I see rear brake lines are a 3-4" short and the rear shock mounts aren't the same angling

The axles seem good and the front end seems like it will go together just fine

Don't wanna get rid of the lift, it worked so well on the sporty 850

Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm getting the same lift on my Scrambler. My installer said he'll get the brake lines done at a hydraulics shop. There's a guy on the Outkast facebook page that has this lift, and he said he had to flip his rear shocks upside down to make it work. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Have you thought about using rzr s lines? Steel braided and quite a bit longer from a rzr s. Just a thought

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dealer is looking into the options for the rzr / ranger possibilities and the shocks can't go the other way the exhaust pipes seem to be in the way, you just spin the shock 180 degrees and have the reservoir the other way

Either way these are easy enough issues I suppose was just wondering if anybody has solved them to save time for others

·
Registered
52 Posts
My dealer is looking into the options for the rzr / ranger possibilities and the shocks can't go the other way the exhaust pipes seem to be in the way, you just spin the shock 180 degrees and have the reservoir the other way

Either way these are easy enough issues I suppose was just wondering if anybody has solved them to save time for others
The guy has his pics posted on the Outkast Fabworx facebook page, and I've talked to him about it. His shocks are upside down, somehow he made it work.

Anyone having issues with the 5/2 lift? A friend just put one on his 850 Scrambler and said it felt too soft in the back. Ended up adding a 1.5" spring spacer and now, according to him, it feels right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you change your mind on running it I would purchase the 5/2 from you. Your email contact isn't turned on.

That being said if anyone else has a used 5/2 let me know

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looking at getting this lift myself just emailed them. Let me know the out come. 1.5 spring spacers info was helpful also thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Take into account that his Scrambler is the 850 without FOX shocks. I'm sure that makes a difference. I dropped mine off yesterday, the tires came in and the axles are shipped. When I get it back I will let you guys know what I think.

On a side note, I picked up a set of 31 Outlaw skinnies just in case I don't end up liking the 32.5's. My buddy got them put on his Rzr 900 with a 5" lift, and it's INSANE!! To me, the tires looked a lot better and a lot less "baloony" in person than they do in pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts