Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting one. Right now i have a predator, and I have upgrades for it. So right now I'm accustomed to tons of power, torque, and speed. What can I expect for the MXR? What's the stock top speed? Are they a good option for racing? My main concern is durability. I'm looking for the quad that i can ride tough, but as long as i keep up on the maintenance it will last a lifetime! So any opinions and experiences would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
521 Posts
The mxr is actually faster and revs way quicker, it takes mods way better and they come with 18 inch ties in the rear....

Thay being said if you ever wanted too make it a 525 you could with a jug and a piston kit, just swap them out and you have a light weigjht 525,,,,,,,,,,,you can add a simple cam 150 bucks and get big power you can bore the carb you can get the exghasut and intake of course you can port the head theres a ton of things available for this quad

the timing chain is much easier too deal with the valves are a million times easier too adjust oil changes are easier as well......

I owned a pred and outlaw at the same time i now only own an outlaw lol

check out polarisproriders.com

·
Registered
325 Posts
Had an '09 450MXR since new and have raced it in four seasons of XC racing, no problems, just routine maintenance. The Predator is heavy compared to the Outlaw, the KTM engine will run circles around the Fuji engine and at least for the '09 model year, the steering is much better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts